Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jhc116

jhc116 Well-Known Member

Do they charge customs/VAT?

2. SupraSaiyan

SupraSaiyan Member

Hey guys,

I picked up my very first SLP boots, the Santiag 40 chained! Very happy with them!

Before I wear them out, do you guys recommend bringing them to a cobbler and having him put something onto the sole? If so, what do I ask for?

Also, has anyone tried out the FW15 destroyed/trash denim? How do they fit compared destroyed dirty 50s?

Thanks for all input!

3. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Senior member

It fits oversized. I have this in a sz 44 like new if you are interested. Pm me

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Guys, I gave a shot to recreate the looks we have seen on the Saint Laurent ss16 runway show just with stuff i already had at home; tried the cardigan/flashy shirt/tee underneath look since I didn't have any embroidered bomber like the ones on the runway and throwing a tuxedo over this stuff seemed just too much. What do you think of it? good?bad? good with some adjustment? terrible?
    [​IMG]

5. spacetaekwon

spacetaekwon Well-Known Member

6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Just ask for thin layer of topy should cost around 30USD

7. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Please let me know if someone bought those Saint Laurent grey/black sweaters in Medium from MrPorter and they did not work out for you

8. therattler

therattler Senior member

I think the SS16 looks are incredibly hard to replicate and pull off. Not only do you have to be real thin to pull off all the layering so as to not to appear bloated, it's such a youthful look that it demands high quality textures/fabrics in order to not look like a 14 year old.

For all the nonsense about being able to find that stuff at a thrift store, this collection demonstrates the subtlety and nuance with which hedi creates.

I won't even attempt to rock one of the looks. Though for the rest of summer I might wear vans with my d02s.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  9. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, great comment. ss16 is going to be very hard to pull off, that's one of the reasons i like it, it's challenging. it's so far off the current fashion template of metamodern monastic linearism mashed up with hokey classicism (read: goth ninja and ironic trad) that it's classic hedi, always pushing in a new direction. one looking at youth with a new perspective, not just full of old dudes like that fuck nick wooster trying to look like a 24 year old hairdresser.

10. ryansmith

ryansmith Senior member

Actually one size smaller cardigan and all white shoes and he's done pretty good.

11. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

dying at wooster comment

the more some of you guys talk about ss16, I become either peer pressured to like it.. or maybe I begin to understand it better

12. jhc116

jhc116 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Im on the hunt for a L01 biker jacket in size 44 currently. Do you know if it is ever discounted or if I can cheaper somehow than the retail price of $4990?

13. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

14. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

To follow up my own question - they said they are closer to the colour on mrporter (ocher) than the ones on ysl.com (nut) so I bought them - £810/£760 -> £592 is a hefty discount :) Will return them if they turn out to be nut.

15. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

A little late but colour code for ocher is 7746 so you could have checked that.