• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
These are bottega veneta
He has a grey pair, cigarette shade, and brown.
Been sold out for awhile now

There were only two pairs of Bottega Chelsea boots. The shadow grey and brown (not sure the correct name of the color)

The pair in the picture above are the shadow greys he had dyed to a dark brown.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like those bottega boots, kanye does a lot of DIY doesn't he? he even converted his Thom Browne oxford into SS lol

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got the suede bottega lace boot and i really like them. They are super comfortable and go with many casual outfits. They actually got me into boots and my interest for a SLP pair. Really like the suede on the bottegas

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for those with the leather wyatts. How easy are they to pull off with a casual look? I unloaded my black suede jodhpur boots because I found the suede look too dressy or out of place. They just sat and collected dust. I been debating the black leather wyatt as a replacement but I necer owned a casual leather boot before. I don't want a dressy look, if that makes sense.

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
Isn't slimanes look made for tall skinny dudes around 6'-6'3 at about waist 30 or so or less? Lol

Ye is only about 5'8 and has a bigger frame. I can see what you mean though. Just being difficult

Anyway I love all the post today. Great to see some discussion in the thread

Troye Sivan who walked in the AW15 show is 5' 8'', and I've met Jack Kilmer who walked in the SS15 show and modeled for the permanent collection campaign, a couple times and he's my height, which is around 5' 10''. Honestly, Hedi cares more about weight (he likes 'em thin) and background (part of the L.A. indie rock scene) then height. Height is just a bonus.

Prudy

Reaction score
i'm just going to gently say that i think there's not really a single celeb who wear sl truly well.

i see harry styles at sl every now and then. he tries on tons of the latest stuff, and he's pretty confused by it. he eventually looks at me like "dude. i want to look like you!! help!!!". but i'm not wearing anything special. usually just an L-something or other, beaten to hell d02's, and battered wyatts/rangers.

it's not really that hard, and i think a lot of people, especially people with stylists, make it much harder than it needs to be.

looking to celebs for fashion advice is like asking gold miners for money-making advice. they might get lucky, but really, the two aren't really very well related. being famous is no guarantee of having any semblance of style.

prudy, a lot of the silk shirts haven't come in yet. the silk used on the new band collar shirts is not as nice as the old silk, but i think that used in the collared will be the same.

Yeah, in particular I was looking for some of the silk from the Psych collection, but all they had was babycat and stars. I know some of it is available online but I like to see it up close if I can...I'll keep an eye out for it, still, thanks!

Prudy

Reaction score
Finally some sun!

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
looking good prudy. makes me regret passing on the creepers, i should have got a pair or two.

keiran and prudy, my B&w santiags arrived. definitely not for the wannabes, but if you get what slimane's really about, these are so, so good. truly amazing, i can't say how good they are irl.

slann01

Reaction score

looking good prudy. makes me regret passing on the creepers, i should have got a pair or two.

keiran and prudy, my B&w santiags arrived. definitely not for the wannabes, but if you get what slimane's really about, these are so, so good. truly amazing, i can't say how good they are irl.

Which santiag did you get? I was thinking about getting the Black leather with Chains one.

Prudy

Reaction score
@neonrider cool, congrats! Did you have these on preorder via YSL.com?

I'd love to see a pic at some point if you have a sec...

neonrider

Reaction score
i'll post some fit pics this weekend if i can.

slann, i was talking about the embroidered ones but i have the harness boots too. i think they;'re great, easily my favorite harness boots so far by slimane. but you have to be pretty hardcore to pul them off. they're not as easy to wear as wyatt harness boots. the shape is sleeker and the harness is way bigger.

slann01

Reaction score
^^thank you Neon. I hope the SLP boutique here in Rome has it, to try them this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads