1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ExAngel

ExAngel Distinguished Member

The ignorance in here is astounding.
    Kanye had worn Slp shoes many times. Low top skate shoes, tobacco and ochre wyatts which is what led him to change things up and go bottega veneta and currently he's wearing santiag in between his current pr tour. You guys keep posting old images. Just search for Kanye santiag Slp or something. Upscale hype has confirmed it and the guy that runs the site gets all his info direct from Kanyes camp.

Personally I think it's refreshing to see Kanye wear stuff. The guy is pretty influential regardless of what you think and has done more in fashion in the last year than most of you probably would in a lifetime so just let it go. Speaking of how to wear slp and intentions, Do you guys sit around listening to burger records all day? Cause if you wanna talk about intention that's hedi's vision. And sorry to say, burger records and that teen no wave shit sucks.

2. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

i don't care about kanye's music, i don't think i've even ever bothered listening to it. but let's face it, if we saw anyone wearing sl like that pic, they'd get totally taken apart. clothes that don't fit are clothes that don't fit. i don't see why he should be any different.

kanye is also responsible for almost single-handedly destroying christophe decarnin's legacy at balmain. i mean the track pants and man-blouses it's making now couldn't be more different from decarnin's leathers and boots and jeans, from which in fact slimane took a great deal of "inspiration" during his hiatus from fashion.

is it nice to celebs wearing stuff that's not brain-dead normcore? sure, maybe, i guess. personally, i could give a shit who is wearing what, or even what they are wearing, but how they are wearing it, and why.

anyways. if you like him, that's cool. i'm not trying to be a dick. i guess it's always nice to see sl appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

You think it's refreshing to see a tacky egomaniac wear ill-fitting clothing?

FWIW, I also think no wave is shit for the most part, we're not talking about the music or taste in music. It's about fashion/style, and his style is fucking shit. He looks like shit. He looks like he doesn't know how to dress himself, period.

How many sweatshirts can you wear with formal overcoats that are two sizes too big and then top it off with pointy-toed boots? WTF?

Anyway...to each his own- and musically, he does some interesting things.

4. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Distinguished Member

Kanye has never worn wyatts and looking at those boots I doubt they are SLP santiags

5. ExAngel

I agree on the styling criticism, He's wearing stuff terribly and some of the shots look like he's the Swamp Thing rising from the swamp, and anyone should be able to take a skewering or two, but I'm more tired of hearing the criticism on him in general that most people seem to throw at him just because he's not making rock music. Maybe it's cultural or racial thing as there are posters from all parts of the world.

I personally could care less what Kanye does or wears, I just think it's nice to see someone slowly embrace the fashion world and make it accessible to people that were once oblivious or scared of it and make it a normal everyday thing. I know for me personally, The only reason I took an interest in fashion is because I wanted to know what jackets Trent Reznor and Kanye West were wearing 10 years ago, and I don't think what he's doing is any different now.

6. mcking

mcking Senior Member

Agreed. There's def some elitist mentality here where you have to wear an entire SLP runway outfit for it to look good. I personally do NOT look like a SLP runway model clone every time i step out of the house but that's just me. Kanye does a great job on putting his own touch on his attire as everyone here should.

7. ExAngel

[​IMG]

8. mcking

mcking Senior Member

Quote:

[​IMG]

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^Haha - you're joking, right?

[​IMG]

10. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

you know, i actually totally agree that a lot of the shit kanye gets is pure racism. and it's ugly and unfair.

that said, i'll just repeat my advice for bigger guys in slp, whether or not they're named kanye. this is basically anyone above a 30 waist at around 6 ft.

1. don't wear skinny jeans sized up. don't wear wyatt boots. just because they're instagram approved.
    2. because you'll look like a big oval in clothes that will never fit you properly. you won't get the slimane silhouette you want, you'll get its opposite.
    3. wear the 17.5 and 19cm denim. wear rangers boots. they're made specifically for bigger people.
    4. that way, you will still get the narrow slimane silhouette. instead of looking like an oval. it's about proportion, not just size.

11. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Distinguished Member

Isn't slimanes look made for tall skinny dudes around 6'-6'3 at about waist 30 or so or less? Lol

Ye is only about 5'8 and has a bigger frame. I can see what you mean though. Just being difficult

Anyway I love all the post today. Great to see some discussion in the thread

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

neonrider said it better than me

I just think he doesn't know his own frame and what looks good on him.

13. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

I find that bullshit.. Sure hedi might want 6'2 size 30 whatever
    But I'm 6'1 size 32 and I wear 15.5 skinny lw, all my denim are. So I find that not true, it's all about how you wear it and how it looks with your body. I do squats and lifting in the gym and I can rock slp denim and Wyatt just fine. Might not be something hedi wants to cum to, but by all means doesn't mean I don't rock the shit out my fits (Wyatt, Rangers, SLP sneakers, jods) all with 15.5 denim size 32.. I mean 34+ is different story though. And yes you're right I don't look like slp run way models but I don't want to tbh.. 14,15 runway not bad but 13 runway their legs look tiny in the super skinny denim

14. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

dude. chill out. i'm sure you look great. you know what you're doing. just meant as general guidelines for newcomers.

15. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

Lol nw my man. Lmao I am chill just sharing some 2cents. All love here