1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. LLoman

LLoman Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Getting back to the clothing...

I finally had a few minutes to spend checking out the new collection in the stores last weekend and there were a lot of cool pieces.

In particular I liked the babycat print smoking jacket and the other leopard and printed jackets quite a bit. The khaki and army coats are also cool - that army coat with the print on the back is quite interesting, and the some of the pants/jackets with the embroidery are very cool as well. All felt very well made, great execution on the manufacturing/materials.

The santiags were cool as well, I got to handle the suede and the chain harness versions. The concho harness boots were also cool, though they didn't have my size (they do online). Ultimately, I went with the chain harness Wyatts as they have the narrow upper and I like their sleeker look. I will be getting a pair of the santiags, the western version as it's just calling to me for some reason. Maybe I'm just getting sentimental for those cowboy boots I had as a kid.

Raw denim is still sized the same, FYI. No changes, there. As we've already discussed on the thread, the stretch 02 denim is a bit bigger this season, but sizing down one does the trick . The poncho was cool, though it's not my style. Actually, I liked all the suede and pieces from the psych collection and the bombers and other jackets were cool and seeing them in person confirmed that they are well made, but - ultimately, a lot of this collection just isn't my style as I like to go a bit more 'dressed up'. The silk shirts, which are always a favorite for me, were slightly disappointing this time around.

My 2 cents...

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

Wow lots of pages to wake up to this morning..

To be honest i'm quite surprised with the Kanye hate, i always thought that he dressed pretty cool in Balmain, Haider that kind of stuff, sure sometimes it doesn't look very balanced like in the pictures you guys posted but it looks like people just googled 'kanye shit outfits' or something.

He makes good music imo, and he dresses pretty well at times, at worst at least he is not in gucci monogram bombers and fendi sneakers like every other rapper. About SLP i think his body is pretty stocky for the skinny SLP look so maybe thats why it doesn't look that great, i think the celebs especially the rappers hate tight jeans cuz its 'gay' so they size up and then alter it, i read celebs get ALL their clothing altered even a simple basic tee.

I mean i see the rappers wearing crash denim and it fits so loose and looks like its straight fit from walmart, if they didn't size up like 5 then how??

A lot of people just say Kanye is a fucker who speaks shit, but if you actually listen to what he is saying it makes sense and is true, he IS an intellectual in some ways. Call me a dickrider, but meh.

On another note, i was waking up wanting to wear relaxed margiela but reading this thread about all the cool boots makes me wanna just wear SLP again..

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

I think Dane Dehaan beats Harry Styles on pulling off Saint Laurent. Harry's jeans always look a bit tight in the thighs to me.

5. needhelp123

he wears womens jeans

6. colabear

colabear Distinguished Member

I don't think it's bad. I like how he wears the classic tweed coat with just a graphic t shirt and jeans; very r&r just like how you said Hedi likes his images. The red from the graphic print plays with the brown suede boots. I think you just don't like the outfit coz it's Kanye who's wearing it. And no matter how many of you dislike him because of how the public perceive him, you can't deny he is a modern renessaince guy.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

I respect that you like it, as I said - to each his own. Your analysis is wrong regarding my opinions, however. I'm a musician and I have a lot of respect for him as a musician, I think he is quite talented.

I don't think this talent translates to his clothing choices, that's all. Or maybe it's just better to say - I would do it differently, and some of his choices are bad IMO.

Oh, and just to be clear - I don't like the outfit, I think it looks sloppy. Putting someone else in it wouldn't change my opinion.

8. keanswon

keanswon Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the models get the jeans custom tailored before the show. and for the most part I think they're 26-28 waists, in case anyone is curious

9. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

no shit lol

100s of millions pounds riding on fashion show and you think they're turning up half hour before show and picking size tagged jeans out and trying on.

fuck sake.

10. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

i'm just going to gently say that i think there's not really a single celeb who wear sl truly well.

i see harry styles at sl every now and then. he tries on tons of the latest stuff, and he's pretty confused by it. he eventually looks at me like "dude. i want to look like you!! help!!!". but i'm not wearing anything special. usually just an L-something or other, beaten to hell d02's, and battered wyatts/rangers.

it's not really that hard, and i think a lot of people, especially people with stylists, make it much harder than it needs to be.

looking to celebs for fashion advice is like asking gold miners for money-making advice. they might get lucky, but really, the two aren't really very well related. being famous is no guarantee of having any semblance of style.

prudy, a lot of the silk shirts haven't come in yet. the silk used on the new band collar shirts is not as nice as the old silk, but i think that used in the collared will be the same.

11. needhelp123

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

loooolllll. wash it dude! seriously. 10 months is long enough. even if you're trying to fade them, which i don't think you are. or dry-clean them, or just get a new pair. that pair must be seriously gross. but who am i to talk, i hate washing my jeans.

13. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Distinguished Member

What you are in is usually what Harry styles is photod in [​IMG] but I can see what you mean, no wonder he doesn't switch things up a whole lot

14. ExAngel

ExAngel Distinguished Member

@neonrider do you work at SL? Which one?

15. needhelp123

i don't want to ruin the fabric like make it thin or lose the colour, they aren't raw