• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daniel2001

Reaction score
It's very difficult to get a sleek, skinny fit with a leather jacket when you're wearing something like a t-shirt underneath but also be able to layer it with a hoodie. I'm 5'11, 148 lbs (180 cm, 67 kg) and wear size 46 in everything. There's no way I could fit a hoodie under my The Kooples biker, but it's absolutely perfect with a t-shirt or a flannel.
I understand that but I've seen many celebrities do if with the same leather jacket. Obviously with the hoodie it would be much more restricting and it has to be a relatively thin hoodie for it to work, but I don't mind that. When you said you can't fit a hoodie underneath it did you mean it's uncomfortable or actually impossible to fit?

daniel2001

Reaction score
Agreed 100% with Micheyll above. I have a very skin Trucker from Saint Laurent in lamb, and I wear it mostly with a t shirt of dress shirt. If it's very cold, I might try a super fine, skinny Dior cashmere underneath, but even then bending my arms is not ideal; I can feel the difference. I have a Dior leather moto, which I can layer any hoodie or sweater underneath but it's a "normal" or maybe slim fit.
For the slim fit Dior leather moto does it still look nice and flattering with a t shirt? Does it have high armholes? That's the most important part to me when it comes to Saint Laurent. In my experience most companies tend to neglect the importance of high armholes but Saint Laurent pays close attention to this detail and makes you feel like a superhuman lol

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was you, I'd go try on that 46 as a starting point, find the measurements on Mr P, then use that to compare to measurements provided by the seller of a jacket you want to buy.

You want shoulder to shoulder, pit to pit, and shoulder to cuff measurements.
He said he can't measure things. Which is astonishing, since I'm basically totally incompetent in every area of my life and managed to perform basic jacket measurements.

daniel2001

Reaction score
He said he can't measure things. Which is astonishing, since I'm basically totally incompetent in every area of my life and managed to perform basic jacket measurements.
lmao I admit I'm a total idiot when it comes to that stuff but trust me I've tried many times.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Teddy is a looser style of jacket in general than a biker tho, and it sounds like you've had to stretch it out. Can you post a fit pic with it?

If I was you, I'd go try on that 46 as a starting point, find the measurements on Mr P, then use that to compare to measurements provided by the seller of a jacket you want to buy.

You want shoulder to shoulder, pit to pit, and shoulder to cuff measurements.
I really only had to stretch the sleeve cuffs at the end of the sleeves tho. The rest of the jacket wasn't uncomfortable like those. So overall I love the fit of it. I'll go try it on if I get a chance to do it. I have work or classes every day so it's very hard to manage and the store's pretty far from me. I'll also post a fit pic with the teddy here. Tell me what you all think.
tempImage05aa65.png

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Now I'm really confused cause someone said I should get the same size as my teddy which is 46.

That's because you want information that only you could know. Every single body is different and you know your own body and measurements better than anyone here (I hope 🤨).

Not talking about this convo specifically, but I often see people online list their height and weight, and then hope for someone else to tell them which size to go for. You're bound to make mistakes that way and it'll leave you with more annoyance along the way.

daniel2001

Reaction score
That's because you want information that only you could know. Every single body is different and you know your own body and measurements better than anyone here (I hope 🤨).

Not talking about this convo specifically, but I often see people online list their height and weight, and then hope for someone else to tell them which size to go for. You're bound to make mistakes that way and it'll leave you with more annoyance along the way.
I generally trust others more than myself when it comes to this cause I feel like you guys know more about Saint Laurent items. I only have the teddy and some chelsea wyatts from them so my experience is limited. I just wanna know for L01 is it common to get the same size as teddy even if it's already a bit snug or is it more common to size up.

Bling

Reaction score
My limited experience with SLP is you have to try it on.

I’ve tried 46 coats that I could not even put on. My suede coat is a 52, but in store a 48 teddy fit me perfectly. I could *maybe* squeeze into a 50 in the suede

Personally, I like having room for knits under my coats. I live in a colder climate and it’s a great look.

Another thing with SLP is that the cut is so good that going up a size is not a killer style wise.

daniel2001

Reaction score
My limited experience with SLP is you have to try it on.

I’ve tried 46 coats that I could not even put on. My suede coat is a 52, but in store a 48 teddy fit me perfectly. I could *maybe* squeeze into a 50 in the suede

Personally, I like having room for knits under my coats. I live in a colder climate and it’s a great look.

Another thing with SLP is that the cut is so good that going up a size is not a killer style wise.
That's such a stark difference. Have you had any experience with the L01?

sabmoll

Reaction score
While we’re discussing fits - looking at some Wyatt (30) in black calf. I know that it’s not fair to compare them to Lobb, C&J etc but I have very narrow feet and need a slim last. The Wyatt look like they might deliver on that. Anyone could chime in here?
Im a comfortable 43 in Common Projects and 10.5 C in Allen Edmonds park avenues.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
daniel - the Dior leather is reasonable for a shirt underneath, but more suited to a dress shirt. A t-shirt is slightly flimsy, but I could do it. I'll look around for a fit pic to give context. Ideally, it's paired with a SLP hoodie, they look the best. Armholes are still high, but the Dior aesthetic isn't quite as severe.

Good fit pic above, I love the silhouette and look overall. Did you say that was a 46? It looks a touch small to me, but that's probably influenced by today's styles; a 48 would be doable and probably a bit more comfortable for you. The leathers are tighter, esp Hedi era but even a lot of Anthony pieces (e.g., wearing a suede, shearling trucker now and very high arm holes). Anyway, you'd be pushing it with a 48, a little risqué, but I don't think a 50 would look as good if you're aiming for the skinny look. You could always try not working out at all and getting that 2013-14 SLP form, too, in which case the 48 would be perfect.

daniel2001

Reaction score
daniel - the Dior leather is reasonable for a shirt underneath, but more suited to a dress shirt. A t-shirt is slightly flimsy, but I could do it. I'll look around for a fit pic to give context. Ideally, it's paired with a SLP hoodie, they look the best. Armholes are still high, but the Dior aesthetic isn't quite as severe.

Good fit pic above, I love the silhouette and look overall. Did you say that was a 46? It looks a touch small to me, but that's probably influenced by today's styles; a 48 would be doable and probably a bit more comfortable for you. The leathers are tighter, esp Hedi era but even a lot of Anthony pieces (e.g., wearing a suede, shearling trucker now and very high arm holes). Anyway, you'd be pushing it with a 48, a little risqué, but I don't think a 50 would look as good if you're aiming for the skinny look. You could always try not working out at all and getting that 2013-14 SLP form, too, in which case the 48 would be perfect.
Thank you!
Yeah that's a 46 and I knew from the beginning it's a bit small but I really liked it so kept it. For FW15 L01 do you think I'd be better off with 48? And do you recommend calfskin or lambskin?

Bling

Reaction score
While we’re discussing fits - looking at some Wyatt (30) in black calf. I know that it’s not fair to compare them to Lobb, C&J etc but I have very narrow feet and need a slim last. The Wyatt look like they might deliver on that. Anyone could chime in here?
Im a comfortable 43 in Common Projects and 10.5 C in Allen Edmonds park avenues.

I have Wyatt Chelseas, purchased them a few months ago. They are outstanding so far. Super comfortable and they look great.

There was an interesting discussion on boots a few pages back. The new Vacc styles are definitely slimmer and more sleek, if that’s what you are after.

I didn’t end up going that route because the local boutique near me had none of the new styles, and I fell for the Chelseas after trying them on.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always try not working out at all and getting that 2013-14 SLP form
I go to the gym everyday trying to get this look.

Daniel, I think you should just get the l01 in 48, unless it's the ss13 one. If you want to play it safe, and error on the side of it not being too tight, get a 50.

daniel2001

Reaction score
I go to the gym everyday trying to get this look.

Daniel, I think you should just get the l01 in 48, unless it's the ss13 one. If you want to play it safe, and error on the side of it not being too tight, get a 50.
Thanks for your help!
Is FW15 a lot different compared to ss13? Found a good deal for that on Grailed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt