• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mugatu

Reaction score
What exactly is going at SLP? No mens show this season.. WTF.. all the items look like spin offs of recent collections.. What is Vaccallero even doing there?? Whole situation stinks..

therattler

Reaction score
Must haves should be pretty personal man. I like the western stuff, kieran likes the sleeker stuff etc. That said I would stay away from the embellished intstagram favoured pieces. Don't get chain wyatts, get the normal ones. Especially since this is all set to go out of style.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Now that the future of the Permanent collection is unclear. What do you guys think are the must have SLP items?

Have a bit of a list of things I still want, but im wondering what you guys consider must haves.

Also debating getting the chained Wyatts in either suede or leather, what is youre choose and why? Leaning to Suede atm..
I'm not as ardent an SLP fan as some here...my main attraction was to their denim and footwear. I'd like to pick up another pair of waxed D02s (failing that, the standard D02). But I have found similar black jeans in a similar fit elsewhere too so it isn't that urgent (Naked & Famous, Tiger of Sweden, Rag & Bone).

More crucial is the footwear: I'm interested in a French 85 and a Wyatt 60. Both are pretty infrequently found on the secondary market compared to the much more common Wyatt 40 or 30 (or whatever). I don't mean the chain or harness, by the way. Just the Chelsea or side-zip or jodhpur style. I might have the name wrong.

Would be nice but no problem if not: 3 passant belt.

Last edited:

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm new to SLP. and new to hedi i guess.

what were his most recognizable and popular pieces? is it my understanding that the mainline will no longer have his stuff? or is the mainlife all of his stuff already...

scanner

Reaction score
bit wacky but you could always buy them from the shops

whats with all the 'uncommonly' / 'infrequently' crap too?

That brings up a good point. Mobs of people go to the boutiques to try on stuff with no intention to buy, then rush to Grailed or whatever secondary markets or wait for the deep discount instead of actually purchasing the items readily available in the shops.

I'm sure analysts at Kering must have used this data at some point which surely affected what items should continue to sell or not as well as the reason you are seeing Men's RTW being consolidated into the Womens wear. It's a shame because there are plenty of retailers sitting on plenty of coveted 'Grails' if you look for them - Outlets, back stock, etc. - But people have simply gotten this lazy sense of entitlement where they can just lowball someone desperate to offload a product or just put it on their wish list and wait till the last minute.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i'm new to SLP. and new to hedi i guess.

what were his most recognizable and popular pieces? is it my understanding that the mainline will no longer have his stuff? or is the mainlife all of his stuff already...

He's known from his Dior days too of course, but for SLP I'd say the most recognizable pieces are the Teddy jackets, skinny jeans, and some of the boots (others are all-stars with that category).

You can't go wrong with most of the Permanent Collection pieces.

jaco87

Reaction score

Hello all, long time lurker first time posting. I got a bit overzealous when I saw the price of these jeans and hopped on them without thinking. The guy says they are ss2013 but the tag makes me a bit nervous. Can someone tell me if I goofed.

Those are legit, first production. Bravo!

Prudy

Reaction score
"grails" are almost totally relative. Some of them you will share in common with others, some you will/should not. If you have a sense of your self and your point of view is strong you won't necessarily like and/or look great in every 'grail', presumably.

AW13 is the most hyped but the fit isn't for everyone, and they did other great iterations of jeans, etc. in other seasons. The D10s, for example. Myriad other coats, boots, etc. etc. etc.

My personal favs are all from SS14 and SS15/AW15. Psych Rock was incredible, and the FW15 French boots are unbelievable. I don't covet much from AW13. I do have some killer denim and leathers from SS13, which was underrated as well.

Gonna miss Hedi's focus on menswear big time...

Last edited:

Kallipagan

Reaction score
hm looks good to me

Those are legit, first production. Bravo!

Hi guys, thanks a lot for the reassurance. It's funny I was thinking about how the opinions and validations of complete strangers makes me feel a better but I'm also under the assumption you all know much better than me too so it works out haha.

I'm just getting into SLP since I finally have some money and even though I only own a pair of Chelsea's I have to admit I love the whole slim/androgynous themes of the line. I definitely want to cop at least one more pair of boots (the ones I have right now are suede and I'd love to have something that can at least handle some water) so I'd love to get some ideas as to which collections I should keep an eye out for.

Cheers!

BestThreshNA

Reaction score
I think must haves will differ for everyone as even though people like to poke fun at the Hedi/SLP fans for having one look, there is quite a diverse range of clothing that falls in that scope. Military, western, and upscale/elegant looks were all released over the last couple years so your leaning on which particular style suits you will dictate your must haves.

That said imo these are the building blocks for most people's SLP collections:
Brown suede boots, black leather boots, raw black d02, a silk or viscose printed shirt, a flannel, a leather jacket.

Of course there are so many other wonderful pieces like blazers, denim jackets, teddy jackets, etc that would help expand someone's collection further towards their particular "sub-style" within the brand.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NervesAidHealth