• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, do you guys know if these are legit or not? Only reason I'm skeptical is because he named the boots "2.0 eddie". Also, I'm just not sure about this particular model. Also, I wear a 40 in cropped jodhpur, do you all think I'd be fine in a 40.5? If anyone has any 30mm black leather wyatt chelsea's they are looking to sell or if you see them anywhere for a good price, please let me know! It's from a grailed listing.. They probably are, but just wanted to make sure.  I noticed this one doesn't have a seam in the boot, where as current models (wyatt 30/40) do. Upon looking on the internet, Farfetch says they are SLP Boxer boots? Someone please enlighten me..

These are the classique chelsea boots with a 25 mm heel. First designed for ss13 and worn by Hedi here:
file_176605_0_Hedi-Slimane-1.jpg

Worn by model in fw13 showroom:
SAINT_LAURENT_showroom_2014_fall_winter_2013_men1.jpg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think all of the fits look fine, but I think the boots have the potential to make a fit look incredible, and I haven't done that yet. Also, I hoped to absolutely kill with them in my favourite black jeans (which I wear 4+ times a week), and again, I just don't think I do.

I'm still in the time window to return them, so I'm just looking for some advice/thoughts about how I'm wearing them, any suggestions of what to wear them with etc. Feel free to be brutally honest.

Got any examples of fits that you think look good? Having a better idea of what you're looking for may make it easier to see why your fits are not meeting your expectations.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Hey guys. Last week, I copped the black harness boots, and I absolutely love them. The problem is, I don't think I'm wearing them/can pull them off to their full potential. Here's a couple of fits (sorry for the bad pictures - my mirror at home kinda sucks for taking pictures):

I think all of the fits look fine, but I think the boots have the potential to make a fit look incredible, and I haven't done that yet. Also, I hoped to absolutely kill with them in my favourite black jeans (which I wear 4+ times a week), and again, I just don't think I do.

I'm still in the time window to return them, so I'm just looking for some advice/thoughts about how I'm wearing them, any suggestions of what to wear them with etc. Feel free to be brutally honest.

easiest fix to these fits is to tuck your shirt into your jeans and it will look better instantly

intouch1

Reaction score
Finally grabbed something from FW16, after spending the fall stocking up on PC items: the black satin western shirt. Went one size up, per Mr Porter's instructions. Hope it works out.

Aside from the odd PC item, this may be my last SLP purchase for a while moving forward. Suitably enough fromHedi's final collection. End of an era is right.

you were right in sizing up. all these shirts filt one size small. I have this one and the velvet and the black with tiger print. usually I wear M in SL western shirts. in all of these I had to go for L
as per my SA they got feedback that they were wrongly sized.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
It's funny. I admire a lot of Slimane-SLP's outerwear, and above all his jeans and boots. I truly find his rigorous minimalism for the former and the androgynous elegance for the latter groundbreaking. But I could never fathom buying the shirting. At their worst they look like they might belong in Hot Topic, at their best they are unremarkable. The post just above mine shows one that looks like a pajama, for instance. I admit I'm pretty conservative about shirting--good old button-downs for the most part, if from higher-end makers--but it's also the atrocious pricing for SLP shirting. Like, for that sort of price you could literally get your own MTM stuff done.

Not intending to shitpost, just musing.

Last edited:

Rilea

Reaction score
easiest fix to these fits is to tuck your shirt into your jeans and it will look better instantly

I'll give that a try - thanks!

Got any examples of fits that you think look good? Having a better idea of what you're looking for may make it easier to see why your fits are not meeting your expectations.

Perhaps part of the issue is I set my expectations too high and compare my fits against somebody I think has a phenomenal sense of style, but Harry Styles:

I think the black and on black base looks fantastic, and the top half always works well with the bottom.

Isolar

Reaction score
@intouch1 Good to know, thanks!

I also grabbed the skeleton-print shirt on impulse. Figured I had enough printed silk/viscose shirts, but that print is pretty great.

I'll post pics of both when they arrive.

@Death24xASecond Well, different strokes and all that. Also, worth is relative, and the sales help soften the blow. Frankly, I find the printed silk shirts rather unique, and struggle to find anything similar that isn't an atrocious copy in an inferior material. The price may be high (as it is for everything else), but for me, I'd rather spend a greater amount on exactly what I want than spending a not-insubstantial amount on something "similar."

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On made in Japan vs Italy D02, it seems production has moved for the black raws from Japan to Italy for AW16. I have the AW 16 black raw and it's no different in quality as far as I can see to any of my Made in Japan pairs. Incidentally, the raw black D10 from AW 15 was made in Italy and is probably one of the best pairs they've ever done.

On cost of tailoring, £30 isn't really a lot of money is it? The tailor that does the work for Bond Street had a background at Savile Row, which you don't really get with your local seamstress charging a tenner. The tailors working on behalf of Saint Laurent also have a better understanding of the styles, and also go to the trouble of keeping all the little details (for example if you have a shirt slimmed down from the side seams, they redo all of the detail at the hem that would be lost if you go to your local dry-cleaners to have the job done). I usually go directly to the tailor himself though, as I trust him more than letting staff pin them up and give them to him.

On the harness boots, they look better where the jeans have either no break or are slightly cropped in my opinion. It just showcases them better. That boot is personally not my cup of tea, but if I was going to wear them, that is how I'd go:

On shirts, I really like the shirts as I think the collar sizes and shapes are perfect for both the Yves and the Dylan styles. Most of my shirts are plain white Dylan and Yves collar, but I also like the babycat shirts, and some of the polka dot shirts. Other brands don't really get the collar sizes right in a way that suits with Saint Laurent tailoring, and most made to measure / high end shirt makers are a bit too traditional style wise for me. I do also like the Dior Homme concealed placket shirts (the one without the bee on), which also go pretty well with Saint Laurent.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a try - thanks!

Perhaps part of the issue is I set my expectations too high and compare my fits against somebody I think has a phenomenal sense of style, but Harry Styles:

I think the black and on black base looks fantastic, and the top half always works well with the bottom.

Ahh, okay seems like you'll need to have your shirts shortened if you want to untuck them. For your jeans, you'll need to get tighter jeans than the ones your currently have to achieve Harry's look and have it shortened enough so that there is almost no break.

I think the Wyatt shape is very versatile in that you can wear them with cropped, no break, slightly stacking, or slightly flaring.

Last edited:

Rilea

Reaction score
@thorns Thanks for the advice! I've had the jeans altered a couple of times but I'm looking to get some new ones soon. What do you mean by there being no break?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No break is where the jeans are long enough to reach the boot, but not long enough that there is any stacking. Stacking tends to kind of distract from the detail on the shoes.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That photo of Hedi in the suede jacket is cool where there's a bit of a gap between the outside of the boots and the jeans. I like the jeans to be just a little longer than that though. I'm thinking about experimenting with the 17.5 cm jeans to get that look because with my 15 cm jeans I never seem to have any gap between the boot and the jeans.

youwhat

Reaction score
i think its just where he was sat / bent down and the jeans have risen up / not been adjusted back down
but yeah slightly off the boots - rather than cinching / clutching the shaft

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member