• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuki.M

Reaction score
I love S.E.H kelly so much and think the price in UK is very reasonable.
However, the price of products of S.E.H kelly in Japan is twice the price in UK. I wonder why it is so.
Even considering shipping and tariff, I think it is too expensive.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love S.E.H kelly so much and think the price in UK is very reasonable.
However, the price of products of S.E.H kelly in Japan is twice the price in UK. I wonder why it is so.
Even considering shipping and tariff, I think it is too expensive.

The prices in stores in Japan are exactly where they should be given the provenance, materials, and quality and all the rest of it.

(International Gallery Beams, Tomorrowland, Journal Standard -- we are proud to be stocked in these places and a lot of work on everyone's behalf goes into our goods reaching their rails, let alone what follows.)

The prices on our website / at our workshop, on the other hand -- they are gloriously free from all retail mark-ups, and free from any pre-emptory inflation put in place for future discounts and sales (which we never do).

Hence the chasmic disparity!

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few more photographs of the new work jacket in that there West Yorkshire melton.

work-jacket-cobalt-blue-melton-wool-1@2x.jpg
work-jacket-rust-melton-wool-2.jpg
work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-4.jpg
work-jacket-cobalt-blue-melton-wool-3.jpg
work-jacket-rust-melton-wool-12.jpg

It is a cloth which, if any coarser, would surely wear down the other garments it was worn alongside.

Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance you're restocking the merino tweed overshirt and/or topcoat? I'd be interested in a small (38 chest).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are so very near ... and yet (it seems) so far.

The cloth is being finished this week, and then we aim to start cutting the peacoats at the start of September.

If all goes accordingly to plan, they will be ready before the end of that month.

There are two colours upcoming, by the way — navy and camel. Both of them a heavy worsted overcoating from down south. Wondrous lustre, exceptionally thick, etc. etc. Hard to think of a cloth more fitting for the peacoat.

peacoat-navy-worn-2a.jpg

peacoat-worn-2a.jpg

peacoat-worn-1a.jpg

Duffle coats, flight jackets, and donkey jackets in the same material, too.

Paul

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul, was there any fall shirting/trousers in the works?
Would love to see the popover in a fall fabric of some kind :)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really do appreciate all these enquiries (and even better being able to respond in the affirmative).

Yes — we've just this week finished done new shirts in corduroy. We also have a small handful — is that just the same as a handful? — of popover shirts in both navy and rust corduroy (the same material respectively as http://sehkelly.com/slim-trouser-navy-thick-thin-corduroy and http://sehkelly.com/slim-trouser-umber-cruiserweight-corduroy; the latter in particular by my book the stuff of legends).

That the sort of thing you had in mind?

Paul

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The corduroy popover is exactly what I was interested in seeing haha. I don't know if I could pull of the slim trousers, but I still do need to try the proper trousers at some point

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't purchased any SEH Kelly yet but I think I might make some slim trousers my first purchase. Have been eyeing for months and I love the pricing and fabric choices. I wanted to pick up the slim trousers in umber, because corduroy really is so striking in earth tones, but it's sold out in my size.

Any chance of a restock of umber or more slim trousers down this fall?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The corduroy popover is exactly what I was interested in seeing haha. I don't know if I could pull of the slim trousers, but I still do need to try the proper trousers at some point

I love it when a plan comes together.

Here it is in navy:

popover-worn-4.jpg

There's a bit more about it — including a customer's frankly unhinged praise for the thing — at http://www.sehkelly.com/words/2017/06/testimonials/.

gnu

Reaction score
Will the popover come in any other fabrics? There appears to be a wool one in the pictures on the website...

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the popover come in any other fabrics? There appears to be a wool one in the pictures on the website...

I hope the popover is with us for many years to come, and over the time will be made in all manner of materials.

The one you might've seen is made with a mix of cotton, linen, and wool (the same cloth as http://www.sehkelly.com/work-jacket-hand-woven-blue-wool-linen-check/).

It was part of our AW17 wholesale collection, and will be stocked in ... our sole stockist in South Korea. Nowhere else. We opted to press ahead only with the corduroy version, this time around, and put our numerically limited energies into making that one as good as possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads