S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. avantbored

avantbored Active Member

The slim trousers look a beaut! They're a perfect mix of a Ralph Lauren cord and my much-adored EG Willy Post pants.

Any (forthcoming) pics of them worn on a human?

2. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Much obliged.

A lot of work went into thinking about and developing them, and an unreasonable amount of work (so we are told) goes into stitching them together.

I have one or two "worn" images: I aim to put them up later.

3. sehkelly

Here we go — a few somewhat hurried photographs of the slim trouser.

slim-worn-1a.jpg
    saddle-worn-1a.jpg
    slim-worn-2a.jpg

There will be many many more, of course — I very much hope to photograph them at the workshop this time next week.

Paul

4. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Man, those are just killer.

5. sehkelly

Many thanks.

It would be good to know what people think might be other suitable materials for the slim trouser in future.

Woollens I don't think would work since the cloth would cling too much to the leg ...

6. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Should be fine with any fabric of sufficient weight, really.

7. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Seems like they'd be nice in cavalry twill or covert cloth?

8. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Those would work really well in a Bedford Cord.

9. sehkelly

Funny you should mention covert cloth ("funny" as in, "we will be using covert cloth in a few weeks' time").

And cavalry twill — I like that stuff very much, but despite that admiration, we've never got around to using it. Thanks for jogging my memory, sir.

10. sehkelly

One other garment we've been working on, in addition to the field shirt mentioned above, is a parka.

We did begin a parka development about a year ago. In fact, we did more than begin: we completed the whole thing, and produced a few for a couple of our stockists in Japan. Something about that parka niggled me, though, in a way that I failed ever to put my finger on -- and so we knocked it down and started again.

This second one will be simpler in some ways to its ancestor. It has a half raglan, half inset sleeve, which somehow makes more sense and fitting for this context -- more robust, somehow -- than the saddle sleeve on the last one. We will he keeping things "simple to look at but carefully thought-through" with the pockets: there will be four at the front, and one inside.

parka-development-ss18-1i.jpg
    Perhaps what this parka will hopefully do best is inject a bit of stature and standing to proceedings. It will have a very high front, and a very wide wrap (not double-breasted, but not far off).

All being well, we will introduce it later in the year; early winter seems likeliest.

Paul

11. sehkelly

We've run rather low on the desert (cotton and linen) cotton shirts these past few weeks. Been a bit of a run of them. Can't work out why. And while stocks of them are being refreshed, in comes a brand new shirt material -- a trinity of cotton and linen and wool. A more autumnal one, then, which we wash in a way that brings out the texture of the three fibres (all of which shrink at a different rate, thus bring to the fore of a pleasingly irregular and bobbly quality).

granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-1.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-midnight-4.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-midnight-3.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-5.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-3.jpg

It is woven in Yorkshire, which isn't the first region from which you'd expect to source shirting. But hey -- a sign of the times, perhaps.

The first shirts to use this new cloth have a granddad collar. Same faintly fitted body as usual, then, with the sharply tapering dart-at-elbow sleeve, but in this nice and woolly but not skin-goading cloth.

There's one in alabaster (off-white, for anyone not au fait with our obscure colour lexicon) and midnight blue. Oh -- and http://sehkelly.com/shirts is where they're at.

12. gnu

gnu Senior member

I'm suddenly in need of a trench coat. Any chance for a restock in the midnight blue?

13. sehkelly

Funny you should ask.

Yes indeed.

We have one size S and one size M newly in stock today.

14. sehkelly

Evening all

A few new photographs here of those above-mentioned granddad shirts (cotton plus wool plus linen) being worn at the workshop.

granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-22.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-4.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-1.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-5.jpg granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-3.jpg

The general idea with this shirt, as all our shirts, is that -- in terms of length and styling and fit -- it may be worn tucked or untucked. Probably less likely, the former, in a material like this, admittedly.

Paul

15. sehkelly

And so the autumn-winter juggernaut is rolling into town ...

I tried to stop it, but it's really a force of great inevitability.

Following on from the three-yarn shirts introduced above, we've just finished putting the finished touches -- button-holes and bar-tacks -- to a bunch of new work jackets. The cloth comes from the same part of the world as that of the shirts, but whereas the latter is soft and airy, the latter is unashamedly coarse and dense.

There are three colours.

This one is oatmeal (which protestations of "they're all like children to me" is my favourite) of the bunch.

work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-4.jpg work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-2.jpg work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-1.jpg work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-33.jpg
    Proper workwear material.

Paul