S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

A sorry thing indeed, surely, a Sunday in September without corduroy.

We've just put together the finishing touches to a third colour(way) of the shirt with standard collar -- "lead grey", this time around; not to be confused with last week's coal grey ...

shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-1@2x.jpg
    shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-4.jpg
    shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-3.jpg

... and the new popover in navy corduroy of the thick-thin variety.

I am still not sure what to make of the popover -- and I designed the thing! -- but especially in corduroy, it is a comfortable thing, with the brushed reverse side, which can be worn over a shirt or by itself.

popover-navy-corduroy-1@2x.jpg
    popover-navy-corduroy-7.jpg

Paul

2. avantbored

avantbored Active Member

LOVE this popover! Are there any other fabrics forthcoming?

3. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Senior member

Would love to the see the popover done as a knit - or even like a sweatshirt type thing as well!

4. sehkelly

Very pleased to hear it. Thank you.

Certainly, yes. The popover will hopefully be a mainstay for years to come.

We've pencilled in a linen-silk version for next year — a very tentative pencil — ... and, since it is something perhaps less grounded in a classic or "typical" garment than some of our other offerings, I hope it'll appear in all manner of interesting materials over the years.

5. gnu

gnu Senior member

Paul, will you all be releasing a heavy tweed version of the SB3 or SB1 this winter?

6. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Quick question - do you guys deduct VAT for orders outside the UK/EU? If so, how does that work when checking out on the website?

7. sehkelly

We do indeed.

But being as our website is in some ways a primitive beast, please send an email to [email protected], and I can explain exactly how.

8. sehkelly

Afraid not, no -- not quite.

We have just today at https://www.sehkelly.com/sb3-jacket/ released a new version of the SB3 in a merino-wool twill.

Not a heavy tweed by any stretch -- but a mid-weight woollen all the same, very soft and quite warm. Just the right sort of thickness to be worn under something else, without bulking things up too much.

Aside from the new balmacaan, we haven't used much by way of tweed this year. Plain woollens and heavy twills seem for some reason more up our street this year.

Paul

9. avantbored

avantbored Active Member

Hi Paul,

I placed an order this Saturday. I have e-mailed you directly in regards to this. Thanks!

10. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Excellent, thanks.

11. sehkelly

We have been threatening the return of the balmacaan for a few weeks now -- and now, here it is.

There are two colours. Both of them are a thick herringbone tweed from County Donegal. There's a monochrome one, flecked through with nepps of white and grey; and a tobacco-brown one (my favourite) which is replete with all manner of autumn-shaded flecks, which are so cheering I could look at them for hours.

balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-4.jpg balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-1.jpg balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-6.jpg balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-3.jpg

The cloth, though thick, is actually quite light. The mill prefers to use softer, chunkier yarns, more loosely woven.

Not to say that the cloth is a loose weave, or anything but a robust, hard-wearing winter material. But nor is it the solid, dense type of tweed found in more northerly parts of the Isles.

https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan/ is where I elected to put them.

Paul