S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Evening all

Incongruous as it seems, given that we are now in the full swing of spring and summer, with linen shorts and all the rest of it — but we took a trip last week to West Yorkshire, to the so-called Heavy Woollen District, to pay a visit to one of the mills which is weaving for us a heavy chunk of the materials we're using for autumn and winter.

heavy-woollens-mill-13.jpg heavy-woollens-mill-2.jpg heavy-woollens-mill-14.jpg

It seems an aeon ago since we last ventured up that way: a change in circumstances in the past couple of years precluding such expeditions. Good to be back there.

As well as the woollens for which the place is best known — much of it for military uniform — we also stumbled upon something unexpected, about which I hope to shed some more light (if it all pans out) in a week or three.

Paul

2. sehkelly

Afternoon all

New this week is our granddad shirt -- that is to say, our usual, slightly casual / formal shirt, with just a collar-stand -- in some pleasingly muted welterweight linen from our favourite mill in Northern Ireland.

granddad-shirt-pebble-grey-linen-1.jpg
    granddad-shirt-navy-linen-3.jpg granddad-shirt-pebble-grey-linen-6.jpg granddad-shirt-pebble-grey-linen-4.jpg granddad-shirt-navy-linen-2.jpg

Why's it called a "granddad", anyway? They're at http://sehkel.ly/granddad, in any case.

Paul

3. sehkelly

Here, as London reaches a perfect storm of unpleasant humidity with none of the usual, good, side-effects, the procession of new linen garments marches on.

One of the jackets which has been with us unchanged, longest of all, is the SB1, and we've treated to the new "pinpoint" linen from Northern Ireland.

sb1-jacket-slate-blue-pinpoint-linen-7.jpg sb1-jacket-slate-blue-pinpoint-linen-2.jpg sb1-jacket-slate-blue-pinpoint-linen-1@2x.jpg
    sb1-jacket-slate-blue-pinpoint-linen-8.jpg
    sb1-jacket-slate-blue-pinpoint-linen-3.jpg

This here slate blue one is my favourite -- one of my most favourite of all the materials we have ever used for spring and summer, in fact. What I like about it most is its similarity in appearance to the a wool-merino we've often used in winter. (We are perhaps on a track to complete convergence; an eventual singularity of ... one garment.)

Paul