• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avantbored

Reaction score
The slim trousers look a beaut! They're a perfect mix of a Ralph Lauren cord and my much-adored EG Willy Post pants.

Any (forthcoming) pics of them worn on a human?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
paul, do the peacoats come up fairly fitted? any chance you could post a pic of one being worn here?
very pleased to see what you guys are coming up with..

Much obliged.

A lot of work went into thinking about and developing them, and an unreasonable amount of work (so we are told) goes into stitching them together.

I have one or two "worn" images: I aim to put them up later.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here we go — a few somewhat hurried photographs of the slim trouser.

slim-worn-1a.jpg

saddle-worn-1a.jpg

slim-worn-2a.jpg

There will be many many more, of course — I very much hope to photograph them at the workshop this time next week.

Paul

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should be fine with any fabric of sufficient weight, really.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seems like they'd be nice in cavalry twill or covert cloth?

Funny you should mention covert cloth ("funny" as in, "we will be using covert cloth in a few weeks' time").

And cavalry twill — I like that stuff very much, but despite that admiration, we've never got around to using it. Thanks for jogging my memory, sir.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One other garment we've been working on, in addition to the field shirt mentioned above, is a parka.

We did begin a parka development about a year ago. In fact, we did more than begin: we completed the whole thing, and produced a few for a couple of our stockists in Japan. Something about that parka niggled me, though, in a way that I failed ever to put my finger on -- and so we knocked it down and started again.

This second one will be simpler in some ways to its ancestor. It has a half raglan, half inset sleeve, which somehow makes more sense and fitting for this context -- more robust, somehow -- than the saddle sleeve on the last one. We will he keeping things "simple to look at but carefully thought-through" with the pockets: there will be four at the front, and one inside.

parka-development-ss18-1i.jpg

Perhaps what this parka will hopefully do best is inject a bit of stature and standing to proceedings. It will have a very high front, and a very wide wrap (not double-breasted, but not far off).

All being well, we will introduce it later in the year; early winter seems likeliest.

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've run rather low on the desert (cotton and linen) cotton shirts these past few weeks. Been a bit of a run of them. Can't work out why. And while stocks of them are being refreshed, in comes a brand new shirt material -- a trinity of cotton and linen and wool. A more autumnal one, then, which we wash in a way that brings out the texture of the three fibres (all of which shrink at a different rate, thus bring to the fore of a pleasingly irregular and bobbly quality).

granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-1.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-midnight-4.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-midnight-3.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-5.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-3.jpg

It is woven in Yorkshire, which isn't the first region from which you'd expect to source shirting. But hey -- a sign of the times, perhaps.

The first shirts to use this new cloth have a granddad collar. Same faintly fitted body as usual, then, with the sharply tapering dart-at-elbow sleeve, but in this nice and woolly but not skin-goading cloth.

There's one in alabaster (off-white, for anyone not au fait with our obscure colour lexicon) and midnight blue. Oh -- and http://sehkelly.com/shirts is where they're at.

gnu

Reaction score
I'm suddenly in need of a trench coat. Any chance for a restock in the midnight blue?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Evening all

A few new photographs here of those above-mentioned granddad shirts (cotton plus wool plus linen) being worn at the workshop.

granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-22.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-4.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-1.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-5.jpg
granddad-shirt-yorkshire-shirting-alabaster-worn-3.jpg

The general idea with this shirt, as all our shirts, is that -- in terms of length and styling and fit -- it may be worn tucked or untucked. Probably less likely, the former, in a material like this, admittedly.

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And so the autumn-winter juggernaut is rolling into town ...

I tried to stop it, but it's really a force of great inevitability.

Following on from the three-yarn shirts introduced above, we've just finished putting the finished touches -- button-holes and bar-tacks -- to a bunch of new work jackets. The cloth comes from the same part of the world as that of the shirts, but whereas the latter is soft and airy, the latter is unashamedly coarse and dense.

There are three colours.

This one is oatmeal (which protestations of "they're all like children to me" is my favourite) of the bunch.

work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-4.jpg
work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-2.jpg
work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-1.jpg
work-jacket-oatmeal-melton-wool-worn-33.jpg

Proper workwear material.

Paul

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52