• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ yeah a few things popped back up on Totokaelo for really cheap, must have been left over from in store or returns or something.
I keep hoping that a 50 or 52 (iirc Melo said they didn't make it in 52) in the fisherman will pop on myhabit, you 46's and 48's are sleeping hard on that.

Revolve just put up the rope tie shirt and light grey Richard.
I wonder if this is the first season the RG Denim line has shirting? I'm probably going to grab this and see how it is, hopefully not tiny like the trucker jacket.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, you got me all excited. I went over to myhabit out of curiosity because I didn't recall there being an S in the fisherman, and saw the black one, but then I realized it was the multi-knit.

There were denim shirts on Zozo and 7 last season, but they didn't make them look very good. It looks much better there^

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Azurewrath
if those don't work out for you....

Also, I was stupid last night and put in a sniper bid for the cheaper dip dye denim auction in 46....so I guess that's two pairs now:facepalm:
i have two pair as well

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess I'm getting the FiveFour collab stuff for free? Robert introduced me to their brand director at the show and they wanna do a blog post about me or something. I'll be sure to report back.

I just got my stuff. Everything is basically a size up for me so I can't say much about fit on some of it

a black 3/4 sleeve henley (desi), blue long sleeve tee (reeves), and a brown tee (gable), they're all heathered and front/back two tone like old Seconds stuff
cotton/poly, slim sleeves

a striped knit long sleeve henley (grant), fabric is kind of neat, but the white/beige color and fit are both pretty gross on me unfortunately
it's all cotton

the olive bomber (bogart), it's too long on me. thin poly/nylon windbreaker. the color is nice.
details seem to match the ol' cadet/tencel bomber pretty closely

black jeans (hunter) and blue jeans (donahue), both are size 30, both are labeled 'slim' but fit completely differently
the black ones fit me, slim so probably tight on a lot of people especially since these are a size up for me. the wash is even all over kinda like my favorite black jeans from AW11
the blue ones don't fit me at all, way too big. but I think the wash is pretty respectable

a pair of khakis (kovacs) that don't fit me either, I don't think I would wear them anyway but they definitely have some Geller details.
a tuxedo 'stripe' sewn down the side in the same fabric and front pockets in the side seam. and a tiiiny little pleat at the top

They did offer to try to find me the pants in 29 after the official release but the ones I'm interested in already fit so I'm not sure I'll bother

and lastly a pair of sunglasses. I can't use em since I have a prescription but my girlfriend probably will.
they look like pretty standard wayfarers, dark tortoise on the outside, gray inside, black plastic arms. custom case and cloth

I noticed halfway through writing that they all have names on the tags too so I edited those in for kicks

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So nothing you'd really buy given the chance?

I just got my Robert trousers in from NMWA, no idea why I hesitated for so long on these. I usually don't like high waisted pants, that's pretty much the main reason I hesitated I guess, They are a lot softer and more luxe feeling than I was expecting and the crop is pretty perfect, some product shots make them look capri level but it's actually perfect.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So nothing you'd really buy given the chance?

I just got my Robert trousers in from NMWA, no idea why I hesitated for so long on these. I usually don't like high waisted pants, that's pretty much the main reason I hesitated I guess, They are a lot softer and more luxe feeling than I was expecting and the crop is pretty perfect, some product shots make them look capri level but it's actually perfect.

Correct.

And also yes Robert Pants are incredible but everyone's sleeping on the whole suit at MH!

i'd like to believe the "desi" was named after desi.

I thought that at first but then I hoped not. It's all Hollywood names, and our desi deserves better.
I finally met him after the runway show actually. Hi @Desi!

modawolf

Reaction score
Correct.

And also yes Robert Pants are incredible but everyone's sleeping on the whole suit at MH!
I thought that at first but then I hoped not. It's all Hollywood names, and our desi deserves better.
I finally met him after the runway show actually. Hi @Desi !

Kinda sad, I thought the bomber would've been cool being like the tencel one and all.

I've been reading that you basically get ~$120 worth of stuff by paying $60, so is that why things aren't truly on par with mainline? Get what you pay for.
FYI - I probably don't understand the business model.

modawolf

Reaction score

Also despite my previous questions, went ahead and purchased the dock trousers. Super comfy and really great tailoring. They turned out more slimming than I expected and the charcoal goes with just about anything.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look real good. What size and where from?

Also, since that last post about the fisherman sweaters on MH it looks like they are both gone now, good job team!

Last edited:

modawolf

Reaction score
I went through East Dane, and grabbed a 46. Normally a 30 and the dock pants fit TTS.

My next target is set on the Julius with fwrd. That thing looks interesting as hell.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@modawolf
Thanks, that helps cos the east Dane model is apparently in a 50 which is my normal size so I was thinking of sizing up (if 52's are available that is). I'm still holding off on everything for now that in case the all in ones are coming.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's all Hollywood names, and our desi deserves better.
I finally met him after the runway show actually. Hi @Desi!
:slayer: So it seems to be a toss up, nothing really for the die hard but something for folks that want to have a piece of the "hot new new" in their closet. I might still see because I am interested in how it all comes together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads