• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

variegate

Reaction score
I think that sale prices not appearing on the designer landing page hurts you.
I wonder if on-model shots would be helpful?

As mentioned above, sometimes hard to 'get' Geller from photos, but model shots are a step in the right direction.
However, Nomad doesn't seem to do this either.
Curious what others think of this.

Measurements are always good, too.
But these are probably not the biggest factors.

Was it Geller in particular that didn't sell well or was buying down overall?
Maybe your typical customer isn't as into Geller?
I don't know more than a couple brands you carry. Does Geller fit in with the rest?

and FYI: I don't think I bought a single Geller item from this season.
(bought 1-2 much older pieces second-hand)

Last edited:

saywordsahn

Reaction score
I think that sale prices not appearing on the designer landing page hurts you.
I wonder if on-model shots would be helpful?

If I had known you guys had hit sale yet (I've been checking occasionally... waiting...) I probably would have made another purchase (and I might still.) Model shots would be helpful. I was hoping to see the puffer jacket in action but it was hard to find fit pics with it, especially since the photos at the Geller show make it look goofy, so I didn't pick it up.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tend to watch Geller from afar, if I was smaller I would buy a ton of it. So if he ever makes 54's I would start buying more, or if his 52's become bigger. If I knew the 52 would fit me I would've bought both Richards, the tri-colour and purple sweater from you guys.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy the Ferdinand Charcoal Cropped Trousers, maybe stock that for SS15.

How is the sizing i heard it fits large? WIll this one be too? I wear US 28 normally which equates to an 44, but most stores only have 46..

kubrick555

Reaction score
I concur with the comments about bottoms - black sells and you need to stock 44. Nomad had good success selling the easy pants and skinny jeans in black.

In terms of upcoming buys, I'd be interested in almost any of his loungier pants or denim in black (or another dark colour).

Last edited:

EricDV

Reaction score
I'm European living and Asia and I cannot buy anything:-(. Seriously I like and buy Geller, but in my opinion, it's not an easy fit with the store's identity and target audience. Schneider is a bit similar but it fits in much better - made in Belgium, pure wool/cotton/materials , luxurious knits and coats that can work with many outfits. Again it's just me but I feel the brand sticks out as it's a cool brand but it's hard for it to fit in with the rest of your brands. That said I think as other posters suggested that some model shot with inspired styling mixing Geller with some of your popular brands would help people figure out how to make it work for some key pieces.

Last edited:

btylus

Reaction score
I'm going to put this out there, and be frank with all of you guys, as both Greg and I like Geller as much as anyone in this thread but we're a bit surprised after this past season. We introduced the brand to the site for this past Fall and it performed very, very poorly for us. Little interest in general, and any purchases were seemingly all returned with no explanation as to why. It has even been difficult to move at 40 and 50% off for the past few weeks, with the exception of the Richard jacket and the robe (of which we only have one piece in each size)

So I wanted to reach out and see if you guys had any feedback for us as we move forward with the brand and determine what we'll be picking up for next fall. Has our selection been lacking? Do we not buy the right sizes (46-52)? Is the general vibe of what we buy not what the Geller customer is looking for? Any feedback is appreciated with regards to anything

Here is a link to our Robert Geller page so you can see what we had picked up for this past fall in case you had some thoughts on what we've been doing wrong.
So from the link to your site, my opinion is that you guys unfortunately chose pieces that were just not interesting and like another member stated, not very wearable. There is literally not one piece I would consider buying on your site, even on discount. For me, fw14 was a bit disappointing for RG. I was just very uninterested in MANY of the pieces/garments. The collection just didn't work for me. That is part of the ebb and flow of fashion design. Not every season can be amazing. Furthermore, RG has such a unique perspective and style, that I find it more difficult to style his clothing with other brands. Overall, being so unique is great from an artistic perspective and I appreciate RG vision. Unfortunately, most people IMO tend to follow trends and this to me is something that RG doesn't do. He stands alone in his uniqueness. That's a tough sell for the masses in fashion. I believe SS15 is a much better season than FW14 and you'll have more pieces to choose from which will sell better. And obviously buy a bit for wearability. Lastly, we'll get to see his show in just over a week where we can view, absorb and critique the development of the line. So that should help with future buys as well. Hope this helps in some way. Don't give up on RG!!

Last edited:

EricDV

Reaction score
^ Agree with you but the stuff you wear is not really what most customers who browse NMWA seem to be comfortable with. It's still more of MC store, although one of the coolest, and even the SWD posters are buying LBM coats or Carmina shoes from there. I think it can work for some pieces like Richard jackets, some coats ... Some knits are tough sell because of the country of origin vs the price. Synthetic materials vs price could be another issue in regards for most users browsing the site.

Shidden

Reaction score
I'm going to put this out there, and be frank with all of you guys, as both Greg and I like Geller as much as anyone in this thread but we're a bit surprised after this past season. We introduced the brand to the site for this past Fall and it performed very, very poorly for us. Little interest in general, and any purchases were seemingly all returned with no explanation as to why. It has even been difficult to move at 40 and 50% off for the past few weeks, with the exception of the Richard jacket and the robe (of which we only have one piece in each size)

So I wanted to reach out and see if you guys had any feedback for us as we move forward with the brand and determine what we'll be picking up for next fall. Has our selection been lacking? Do we not buy the right sizes (46-52)? Is the general vibe of what we buy not what the Geller customer is looking for? Any feedback is appreciated with regards to anything

Here is a link to our Robert Geller page so you can see what we had picked up for this past fall in case you had some thoughts on what we've been doing wrong.

I'm 99% sure I'll buy the bomber this season, got angry enough when I missed SS14's tencel bomber, I'll probably buy the khaki bomber from ss15 if retail isn't much more expensive than past season, as I believe many Geller fans will, since bomber and jeans are probably his most popular pieces.
Having jeans on your online shop is always a plus, his jeans always look great in person and are very popular I think.
As stated above I believe modeling makes a great difference. Measurements too. I know I could just email you guys asking for measurements, and I do when I need, but it's more convenient having them displayed in the page.
Always before buying clothing from websites that don't have models displaying their clothes I search on other websites for pics of models wearing the same stuff. For Robert Geller, for instance, I always search on Ssense, Maas & Stacks, Eastdane, etc to have an idea of how it will fit me. That's probably bad for the websites that don't have model pics, like yours. I know it's expensive to have models displaying your clothes, but maybe it should be considered.
I can't believe that tricolor sweater isn't sold out yet even at 40%, I just didn't buy because I'm saving money for stuff I want from ss15, so beautiful...

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to put this out there, and be frank with all of you guys, as both Greg and I like Geller as much as anyone in this thread but we're a bit surprised after this past season.  We introduced the brand to the site for this past Fall and it performed very, very poorly for us.  Little interest in general, and any purchases were seemingly all returned with no explanation as to why.  It has even been difficult to move at 40 and 50% off for the past few weeks, with the exception of the Richard jacket and the robe (of which we only have one piece in each size)

So I wanted to reach out and see if you guys had any feedback for us as we move forward with the brand and determine what we'll be picking up for next fall.  Has our selection been lacking?  Do we not buy the right sizes (46-52)?  Is the general vibe of what we buy not what the Geller customer is looking for?  Any feedback is appreciated with regards to anything

• This past season, when I bought stuff from NMWA, there was always another piece that was more intersting to me than your Geller stuff: basically, there were better examples of what you were offering from Geller elsewhere in the store.
  • The zip blazer and the Richard are iconic Geller pieces, but how many Geller fans are intersted in these? How many people in this thread need another Richard or zip blazer? So, that leaves your non-Geller fan as a potential buyer. From the NMWA thread in MC, my sense is the people in that thread are definietely more on the MC side of things, are they going to give Geller a shot?
    • Tangent: Does SF allow cross-listing an affiliate thread? Although it's hard for me to believe that SW&D doesn't know NMWA at this point, I do think there are enough people who don't pay close attention over here (see: the Schneider merino pre-order); people who just browse the forum rather than subscribing to a thread will miss out on NMWA
  • Geller's a brand that I'll buy at full retail, but all of those full retail purchases have been in-person. Your shipping/return policy helps here, but sometimes I just impulse buy with Geller after seeing it in-person (and I have local stockists where I live).
  • Not sure I agree that you need a model to sell Geller, there are enough pieces that I think can sell themselves (assuming the right audience) with product photos alone. However, some of the pieces, like the denim puffer (IMO) or the purple sweater, stuff designed to layer, may seem odd just sitting on a hanger, especially compared to something like IM or Gray, which the MC guys will just understand instinctively. So, I think if you stock Geller, you've either got to embrace the SW&D guys, and truly buy stuff that shows Geller (Engineer pant, bombers, flight pants, etc) or pick stuff that will be safe for MC and hope that it stands out against the other similar stuff in that category.
  • I hope you give Geller a shot for spring. I think SS15 is a really strong collection.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is ferdinand pant midnight navy blue similar to black

on ssense it looks bluish black but i dont want to order and turns out its really navy i'm looking for cropped black trousers

Last edited:

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
To NMWA, as one of your non-CM customers, I really do hope that you continue to stock Geller. Schneider and Geller are two of my favorites, and all items I have purchased from you in the past were Schneider pieces in size III. The Geller equivalent is a 44, which you do not stock. I actually purchased one of the pieces currently on your site this season (the grey twill jeans, which are a really cool weight and fabric in person by the way), but NMWA was not an option due to the lack of sizing. I have had great past experiences with NMWA, and would love to purchase more items from you, but a lack of size 44 means that I must turn to other vendors for Geller pieces.

Ignoring the lack of sizing, other items I was interested in this season were not available through NMWA, such as the long plaid, Oliver Coat, and that awesome white sweater that no one outside of Japan seemed to stock. Iconic and easily wearable Geller pieces like the zip blazer, bombers, and dip-dyes seem to sell out pretty consistently and are a safe bet. I agree with other members that displaying sale prices on individual "makers" pages would be beneficial as well. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ramie bomber and "stand jacket," "zip parka," some shirts and a couple sweaters going up at Anture. The items are there but their (terrible) photos aren't up yet

Zozo also added a couple shirts, a cardigan, and a pair of skinny lounge pants of some sort

I'm more interested in this taped bomber though

Lots of good ss15 pics here, gives a nice sense of some of the fabrics and details and stuff

http://thewildmagazine.com/blog/behind-the-scenes-robert-geller-ss15/#gallery

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members