• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sammy

Reaction score
Planning to order a pair of Craftsman in rum with a natural sole. Does rum only come in yearling or can you also order it in kangaroo?

dst

Reaction score
Not sure about the kangaroo question Sammy but I just received my pair of rum natural craftsman least week.

I'll pop up some photos when I get a chance soon.

sammy

Reaction score
Not sure about the kangaroo question Sammy but I just received my pair of rum natural craftsman least week.

I'll pop up some photos when I get a chance soon.
Thanks for the reply, dst. I just ordered from bootsonline.com. Barry confirmed that rum is only available in yearling. And now for the agonizing wait. Sigh! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

dst

Reaction score
Awesome.

Did you chose rum in the end of the kangaroo?

They didn't have rum leather in stock when I ordered so took a tad over 3 months all up! I was informed about it though and decided to stick it out

sammy

Reaction score
Awesome.

Did you chose rum in the end of the kangaroo?

They didn't have rum leather in stock when I ordered so took a tad over 3 months all up! I was informed about it though and decided to stick it out
Yes- rum with a natural sole

dst

Reaction score
Probably not the best pics and hopefully not too large
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

zhousooty

Reaction score
Picked these up second hand the other day. They're a mock crock pattern which I've seen on this forum in a single colour, however I couldn't find any info about this pair with the black/brown shade. Anyone know about them? The guy I bought from said he got them 5 years ago.

20170811_114753.jpg
20170811_115045.jpg
20170811_115117.jpg

camysue

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Does anyone have any info on fit? I'm dying for a pair of the yearling with block heel but I'm nervous about the narrow fit. I'm a woman so I know the g regular width will be fine for my foot. It's more the toe box area I'm nervous about as I have long toes. I have a narrow style called the Dara from Frye and those cramp my toes. Has anyone tried the yearling?

camysue

Reaction score
I've lurked here for quite some time. I have a few pairs of RM Williams boots.

May fly in the face of all the style rules but I have always had a preference for a Cuban heel. I have one pair of Comfort Craftsmen in black and a pair of gorgeous buckle boots which I've just aquired in the burnished Bordeaux.

I have 2 pair of the Hallet in black and chestnut respectively. I like the slimmer line of this boot. I think from memory it is the Yearling with a Cuban heel and I also have a suede pair as well as a pair in Whiskey. Unsure of what model they are. If I can get pics uploaded I'm sure someone here could tell me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How do you find the fit of the yearling? Did you need to size up?

LAB

Reaction score
Lady here as well. I'm looking to get a pair of RMs with a comfort sole and a Cuban heel, which of course isn't a standard configuration. Are the MTO services on Nungar/Aussie Bush Hats/Boots Online available currently? I know at the beginning of the year there seemed to be a period where they stopped offering MTO, and I was curious if they're doing it now again. Also curious if anyone knows if a Cuban heel + comfort sole is a viable combo, as I'm a complete newbie to higher end shoes and don't know what is and isn't possible as far as RM's customization goes. Namely considering Adelaide, Yearling, or Hallett styles, but I need to look at the all again.

camysue

Reaction score
Lady here as well. I'm looking to get a pair of RMs with a comfort sole and a Cuban heel, which of course isn't a standard configuration. Are the MTO services on Nungar/Aussie Bush Hats/Boots Online available currently? I know at the beginning of the year there seemed to be a period where they stopped offering MTO, and I was curious if they're doing it now again. Also curious if anyone knows if a Cuban heel + comfort sole is a viable combo, as I'm a complete newbie to higher end shoes and don't know what is and isn't possible as far as RM's customization goes. Namely considering Adelaide, Yearling, or Hallett styles, but I need to look at the all again.

I just ordered my MTO from nungar. Haven't received anything yet, but seems he's up and running. I'm sure you could get comfort sole on whatever style you want. Nungar was communicating prior to order and haven't heard anything back since. Customer service doesn't seem like his forte. But he's been around for a long time so I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope they'll fit and be comfortable! I was nervous about them being too narrow, but since they are a men's shoe I think they'll be fine.

I did read in the forum that the Adelaide is made much more narrow as it's a woman's last, so if you have wide feet I would go more with a HalleTt or yearling as they are men's styles. Or order the wide sized Adelaide.

LAB

Reaction score
I just ordered my MTO from nungar. Haven't received anything yet, but seems he's up and running. I'm sure you could get comfort sole on whatever style you want. Nungar was communicating prior to order and haven't heard anything back since. Customer service doesn't seem like his forte. But he's been around for a long time so I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope they'll fit and be comfortable! I was nervous about them being too narrow, but since they are a men's shoe I think they'll be fine.

I did read in the forum that the Adelaide is made much more narrow as it's a woman's last, so if you have wide feet I would go more with a HalleTt or yearling as they are men's styles. Or order the wide sized Adelaide.

Thank you so much for the response! I've heard communication with Nungar can be dodgy, but that they're well established. Glad to hear they're still doing MTO and that the comfort sole is most likely possible.

Also thanks for the warning on the Adelaide. I tend to accidentally purchase my shoes too narrow, so it's something very important I be aware of when sizing for these. I'm leaning most towards Hallett currently, so it should be okay.

Congrats on your purchase! Has to be exciting :D

camysue

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the response! I've heard communication with Nungar can be dodgy, but that they're well established. Glad to hear they're still doing MTO and that the comfort sole is most likely possible.

Also thanks for the warning on the Adelaide. I tend to accidentally purchase my shoes too narrow, so it's something very important I be aware of when sizing for these. I'm leaning most towards Hallett currently, so it should be okay.

Congrats on your purchase! Has to be exciting :D

Thanks! I'm very excited lol. I tend to buy too narrow as well, so I'm hoping these are fine!! They are a men's shoe after all. I did some recon and called the store and they said the yearling actually doesn't fit that much more narrow than the craftsman.

Good luck with your purchase. If they won't make the Hallett with comfort sole, I saw somewhere that the yearling can be ordered with Cuban heel so that is another option. As far as I can tell they are very similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads