RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. sammy

sammy Senior member

Yes- rum with a natural sole

2. dst

dst Well-Known Member

Probably not the best pics and hopefully not too large 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

3. sammy

sammy Senior member

4. zhousooty

zhousooty New Member

Picked these up second hand the other day. They're a mock crock pattern which I've seen on this forum in a single colour, however I couldn't find any info about this pair with the black/brown shade. Anyone know about them? The guy I bought from said he got them 5 years ago.

20170811_114753.jpg 20170811_115045.jpg 20170811_115117.jpg

5. camysue

camysue New Member

Thanks for the info!! Does anyone have any info on fit? I'm dying for a pair of the yearling with block heel but I'm nervous about the narrow fit. I'm a woman so I know the g regular width will be fine for my foot. It's more the toe box area I'm nervous about as I have long toes. I have a narrow style called the Dara from Frye and those cramp my toes. Has anyone tried the yearling?

6. camysue

camysue New Member

How do you find the fit of the yearling? Did you need to size up?

7. LAB

LAB New Member

Lady here as well. I'm looking to get a pair of RMs with a comfort sole and a Cuban heel, which of course isn't a standard configuration. Are the MTO services on Nungar/Aussie Bush Hats/Boots Online available currently? I know at the beginning of the year there seemed to be a period where they stopped offering MTO, and I was curious if they're doing it now again. Also curious if anyone knows if a Cuban heel + comfort sole is a viable combo, as I'm a complete newbie to higher end shoes and don't know what is and isn't possible as far as RM's customization goes. Namely considering Adelaide, Yearling, or Hallett styles, but I need to look at the all again.

8. camysue

camysue New Member

I just ordered my MTO from nungar. Haven't received anything yet, but seems he's up and running. I'm sure you could get comfort sole on whatever style you want. Nungar was communicating prior to order and haven't heard anything back since. Customer service doesn't seem like his forte. But he's been around for a long time so I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope they'll fit and be comfortable! I was nervous about them being too narrow, but since they are a men's shoe I think they'll be fine.

I did read in the forum that the Adelaide is made much more narrow as it's a woman's last, so if you have wide feet I would go more with a HalleTt or yearling as they are men's styles. Or order the wide sized Adelaide.

9. LAB

LAB New Member

Thank you so much for the response! I've heard communication with Nungar can be dodgy, but that they're well established. Glad to hear they're still doing MTO and that the comfort sole is most likely possible.

Also thanks for the warning on the Adelaide. I tend to accidentally purchase my shoes too narrow, so it's something very important I be aware of when sizing for these. I'm leaning most towards Hallett currently, so it should be okay.

Congrats on your purchase! Has to be exciting :D

10. camysue

camysue New Member

Thanks! I'm very excited lol. I tend to buy too narrow as well, so I'm hoping these are fine!! They are a men's shoe after all. I did some recon and called the store and they said the yearling actually doesn't fit that much more narrow than the craftsman.

Good luck with your purchase. If they won't make the Hallett with comfort sole, I saw somewhere that the yearling can be ordered with Cuban heel so that is another option. As far as I can tell they are very similar.

11. Dingus Berry

Dingus Berry Member

Anyone with boots in suede able to attest to the durability of the suede? I was interested in getting a pair in black, but wanted to know if how 'tough' they are so-to-speak, relative to their other leathers.

12. aj805

aj805 Senior member

Anyone able to remark on the width sizing for the RM boots-- I have 9.5 in G (medium) width, which fits nearly perfect, except the toe box is too narrow. I'm considering getting another pair in the next wider size, which adds apparently about 6mm around the ball, which should alleviate the problem. However, I am not certain how much, if any, the wider size will add to the instep/heel area, which currently fits perfectly. I have heard some shoemakers do not increase [noticeably?] the heel when adding width, mainly the front of the foot. Can anyone speak to this for RM?

Thanks