• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny to see this topic bumped today, as I just got my first pair of RM Williams boots!

I probably overpaid at £170 (UK prices being what they are), and I didn't realise they were such a well-known brand. But I've been after a decent, but more rugged, boot for some time and these appear to fit the bill nicely.

ardesco

Reaction score
Apologies, but I've attempted to wade through the 30 pages of post and am a bit lost. Could someone please suggest a proper size to order RMW Boots if I normally wear a regular 8.5 in US size? Also, what's the proper link to order the FSM Chelsea Boot from?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ardesco
Apologies, but I've attempted to wade through the 30 pages of post and am a bit lost. Could someone please suggest a proper size to order RMW Boots if I normally wear a regular 8.5 in US size? Also, what's the proper link to order the FSM Chelsea Boot from?

Everything you need to know to order, including sizing, is on the first page. There's no link; you have to get in touch with Steve at Nungar. The FSM does not "exist." It is an invention of Sator of which RMW has no knowledge. Steve does know about it.

ardesco

Reaction score
Thanks!
smile.gif

kbuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Funny to see this topic bumped today, as I just got my first pair of RM Williams boots!

I probably overpaid at £170 (UK prices being what they are), and I didn't realise they were such a well-known brand. But I've been after a decent, but more rugged, boot for some time and these appear to fit the bill nicely.

what model is that..craftsman??

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
what model is that..craftsman??

+1 Looks like a craftsman (or two) to me.

AMC

Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed in the previous voluminous post.

I just got my second pair of Craftsman. The first pair (Kangaroo craftsman), I picked up in Oz. This pair I ordered from Steve Nungar. I ordered the Comfort Craftsman. I was under the impression that by ordering the Comfort model, the boot would come with rubber soles, since the Comfort Craftsman I tried on in the RW Williams store in London did indeed have rubber soles. But that's not the case. The boots I received from Steve are not rubber.

Was I mistaken or did he get the order wrong?

Thanks!

If it was my mistake, does anyone want to buy an unused pair of 9G Whiskey Comfort Craftsman?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AMC

I just got my second pair of Craftsman. The first pair (Kangaroo craftsman), I picked up in Oz. This pair I ordered from Steve Nungar. I ordered the Comfort Craftsman. I was under the impression that by ordering the Comfort model, the boot would come with rubber soles, since the Comfort Craftsman I tried on in the RW Williams store in London did indeed have rubber soles. But that's not the case. The boots I received from Steve are not rubber.

Thanks!

If it was my mistake, does anyone want to buy an unused pair of 9G Whiskey Comfort Craftsman?

They should have neoprene soles and a padded insole.

http://www.bootsonline.com.au/graphics/B543N94-SOLE.jpg

lefty

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AMC

Thanks!

Hmm. Do they have a padded insole?

AMC

Reaction score
No, they don't have a padded insole. Same insole as my other Craftsman. The box they came in is marked "MTO Elastic Sided Whiskey Yearling" B542Y.07FGCW09. That's what's on the invoice as well.

However I kept a copy of the web order and it does it says-
Product Code\t \tNTB543Y\t
Quantity\t \t 1
Product Name\t \tComfort Craftsman\t
Size\t \t9G\t
Colour\t \tWhiskey

They definitely are not what is shown in Lefty's picture, which is what I was expecting.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a physical catalog at home which has a diagram of the difference, I believe the difference is in the actual midsole or underneath the socklining and not in the outsole material, I will double check tonight and let you know.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AMC
No, they don't have a padded insole. Same insole as my other Craftsman. The box they came in is marked "MTO Elastic Sided Whiskey Yearling" B542Y.07FGCW09. That's what's on the invoice as well.

However I kept a copy of the web order and it does it says-
Product Code\t \tNTB543Y\t
Quantity\t \t 1
Product Name\t \tComfort Craftsman\t
Size\t \t9G\t
Colour\t \tWhiskey

They definitely are not what is shown in Lefty's picture, which is what I was expecting.

You did not get what you ordered, but rather the plain-old Whiskey Craftsman.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
You did not get what you ordered, but rather the plain-old Whiskey Craftsman.

I agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics