• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dave

Reaction score
I received an email form him yesterday regarding an order I placed a few weeks ago (pre server crash) so just hand in there. I can only assume he's super busy trying to play catch up since he was immediate in his responses prior to the equipment issues. better than I had ever encountered when dealing with people on the other side of the glob ein fact.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay it took me 3 weeks to read this entire thread, but I am confident I have read every page. Sator I have to commend your patience. I would have probably gone crazy from the repeat questions.

That said, are there any new pics of the Forum Special to be seen? Either new pairs or broken in pairs. The only pics are Sator's black ones, and the brown pair at a funny angle which made them look like wellies.

What is the most recent someone was able to procure the Whiskey color from Steve? If it's seasonal it must either be sold out now...... or not yet.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
What is the most recent someone was able to procure the Whiskey color from Steve? If it's seasonal it must either be sold out now...... or not yet.

There was an interesting post over at AAAC a while back from some guy who works at RMW. He had been wondering why he'd been making all of these brass screwed boots in narrow fittings. He said that due to its popularity, they are including the Whiskey as part of their regular stock. I imagine that the number of orders from forumites had more than a little to do with that.

grilledcheese

Reaction score
I got a pair of forum specials in brown a while back... I've worn them maybe 4-5 times, and I like them quite a bit. I'll try and take pics tomorrow.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
There was an interesting post over at AAAC a while back from some guy who works at RMW. He had been wondering why he'd been making all of these brass screwed boots in narrow fittings. He said that due to its popularity, they are including the Whiskey as part of their regular stock. I imagine that the number of orders from forumites had more than a little to do with that.

A+ to this. I had been afraid they'd be gone before I got around to ordering a pair. Now I can go back to my lollygagging ways.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, I missed Sator's update regarding the Forum Special. Some quick questions:

1) Where's the part that describes whiskey? I leafed through the last few pages and the updated first page, but couldn't quite find it.

2) For the people who recreated a sleek chisel toe boot, what specs did you use, and how did the chisel compare to favorites here (888 last, U last)?

3) Anyone get a good shine out of kangaroo leather, or does this work only with french veal calf?

Thanks to Sator.

Nicesuit

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Windsor model boot? How does it look with jeans, suits, etc. etc....? I can't seem to find much at all on this one.
4zlx79g.jpg

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Does RM Williams do a jodhpur? Like a buckle-wrap riding boot like the C&J Quorn.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Whoa, I missed Sator's update regarding the Forum Special. Some quick questions:

1) Where's the part that describes whiskey? I leafed through the last few pages and the updated first page, but couldn't quite find it.

This is whiskey color, but not in the forum special. its either a standard craftsman or a comfort craftsman.
4uku93m.jpg

atroopan

Reaction score
Boo - Mr. Tarmac - those are the same style/colour boots I ordered from Steve which still haven't arrived. Damn - at this point, I am just hoping they get here, but that picture is making me anxious to wear mine.

musicboohoo[1].gif

troop

kbuzz

Reaction score
waiting on steve too....arggggghhhhhh

What is the average wait time for nugar? I think i recall it was a month for the order plus shipping???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads