• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamsobroke

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic: is the 50% off at CB a one-time deal? They told me (@ Oct 2nd) there was still 1 week left, but it didn't work.

Also (which is the main reason me being skeptical), how can they sell RMW for so little? After discount it's £180 ex VAT shipped to Norway -- and my local store sell RMW for approx £505 (incl VAT, but still..)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic: is the 50% off at CB a one-time deal? They told me (@ Oct 2nd) there was still 1 week left, but it didn't work.

Also (which is the main reason me being skeptical), how can they sell RMW for so little? After discount it's £180 ex VAT shipped to Norway -- and my local store sell RMW for approx £505 (incl VAT, but still..)
Coupon still working now just checked.

It’s only my opinion but I’m guessing as a new supplier they had to commit to a certain volume and maybe selling at cost to help cash flow but that’s purely a guess!

danielw

Reaction score
Great to see a topic on my favorite brand of boots! I wore and wear them a lot, I bought these about 10 years ago, the stitching nose to sole needs a repair and some heel work, but further more there fine. I never ever polish them, they look worn but to my opinion these should look worn. After a few years I called the retailer for another pair, AUS$ vs € wasnt favorable, I paid around €250 for mine in sale, at the time I called retailing around €450!
1539116574989.jpeg
1539117228413~2.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Great to see a topic on my favorite brand of boots! I wore and wear them a lot, I bought these about 10 years ago, the stitching nose to sole needs a repair and some heel work, but further more there fine. I never ever polish them, they look worn but to my opinion these should look worn. After a few years I called the retailer for another pair, AUS$ vs € wasnt favorable, I paid around €250 for mine in sale, at the time I called retailing around €450! View attachment 1049759 View attachment 1049767
Well worn boots sir!

iamsobroke

Reaction score
Coupon still working now just checked.

It’s only my opinion but I’m guessing as a new supplier they had to commit to a certain volume and maybe selling at cost to help cash flow but that’s purely a guess!

Wow, yes - it still works. I noticed I didn't type it in with capital letters LOL

Is this a new supplier tho? Seems like they started a couple of years ago, and they have a big IG following.

danielw

Reaction score
Well worn boots sir!
Thank you! This topics makes me want to hunt for another craftsman pair. They are hard to get by in The Netherlands, only one retailler which dont shown them on the website. Might take a risk ordering online, no idea which fitting mine are.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! This topics makes me want to hunt for another craftsman pair. They are hard to get by in The Netherlands, only one retailler which dont shown them on the website. Might take a risk ordering online, no idea which fitting mine are.

There was talk of a retailer in england having them for 50% off a few pages back.

Also, please throw just a bit of conditioner on them. The leather's gonna start cracking soon

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Is the Collier Bristow deal still active? And can anyone repost the coupon code? Thanks.

Mikkelrl

Reaction score
Hi guys - I don't do a lot of posting around here, but now I have a question, hoping someone might share their thoughts on this. I just received a pair of comfort turnouts, but to me the leather seems very sunken around the caps on heel and toe - is this normal? Am I being too sensitive in thinking this is not quite how it should be? (Sorry for the

View attachment 1050316

View attachment 1050317

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi guys - I don't do a lot of posting around here, but now I have a question, hoping someone might share their thoughts on this. I just received a pair of comfort turnouts, but to me the leather seems very sunken around the caps on heel and toe - is this normal? Am I being too sensitive in thinking this is not quite how it should be? (Sorry for the

View attachment 1050316

View attachment 1050317
Looks to be how it was packed, I’d try a shoe tree in it for twenty four hours and see how it looks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads