• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Hi All. Got a couple of pairs of RM Craftsman through the recent Qantas shop promo. Chestnut with Dynamic Flex sole, and Black with leather sole. Sort of regret getting the leather sole as i can't see it lasting long. Anyway, the Black pair have some annoying creases running along the right boot (see photo's). Customer service claims it may have been the way they were packed and should iron out once worn a few times.
I'm not convinced, as they seem to fold on the creases when I'm sitting.

Am i being too fussy ? View attachment 1045582 View attachment 1045583

The first time I looked it didn’t seem to bad, but the more I look at them the more it would bother me! So I don’t think you’re being to fussy.

Would shoe tree help? If your not totally happy can you return them?

I also agree with you in the leather sole, and how long it will last, I’ll wear mine till they need replacing and going to ask if they could put the rubber sole on. Not sure if you can get a replacement rubber sole with the natural look though

Snorpley

Reaction score
That actually looks like something from the hide itself. Not structural imo and it wouldn't bother me, but it's not going away from wear or shoe trees..
This wouldn’t bother me either. If you look close enough at these things there’s always something little to agonise over. But each to their own, because I dig the leather sole as well. It’s pretty classic, and I notice the slightly lower profile. That said, I’m a desk jockey so I don’t need the cushioning as much.
All the best,
S.

Cooper007

Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies. I will try and return them, but if RMW won't exchange them I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Though i am surprised something like this got through their QC checks.

I've worn the Chestnut ones about a half dozen times and they already noticably creased, so i suppose the black ones will end up the same

When i contacted RMW i was told i'd have to put any claim through Qantas Shop, which is where i bought them

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Best way to clean the elastic sides? Mine are now two tone (as new above where the hem of my jeans sits, and filthy below)

Any advice

eyeheartny

Reaction score
I'd love some help with some questions. I have a pair of RM Williams Comfort Turnout in Chestnut and they're my favorite boots. The toe shape is wonderful and they fit perfectly in the F width. I purchased them before the LVMH buyout and unfortunately there are far fewer options available in MTO with different Australian retailers (I live in the US but ordered from BootsOnline previously).

• Can anyone compare the toe shape of the Craftsman to the Alden Plaza last? The Plaza toe shape is quite nice as well but I can't tell if the Craftsman is more squared off.
  • Does anyone have pictures of the Craftsman in an F width in a larger size (I wear a 10.5 in RM)? I find that sometimes larger sizes change the way the last looks and the proportions aren't as nice.
  • Does anyone have any idea if there are retailers that can still do lighter colored leather/suedes in the Turnout in the F fitting?
Thanks!

Dons

Reaction score
First post!
I’m thinking about ordering yard boots a half size down from my comfort craftsman (which are 10.5 G) since there is no comfort insole in the yard boot and the toe is wider. My CC are fine in the toe width but a litttle loose on top so I use a leather insole. RMW sizes me as 9.5 but this is too short. I think my foot must flex like a size 10 but 10G C/C are too tight in the toes.
So I’m thinking a 10 G yard boot would fit nicely.
Any advice?

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of picking up some CC’s in chestnut. Would be my first RM Williams. I am generally a 10.5 US in casual shoes and a 10 in most dress shoes. Is the consensus that I should go with 9.5 in CC?

And has anyone been scammed by this Collier Bristow store?

eddyw

Reaction score
I’m thinking of picking up some CC’s in chestnut. Would be my first RM Williams. I am generally a 10.5 US in casual shoes and a 10 in most dress shoes. Is the consensus that I should go with 9.5 in CC?

And has anyone been scammed by this Collier Bristow store?

Well unless they are a good copy I received a pair of chinchilla yesterday and they are great especially for the price
they are fantastic `fill yer boots` (pardon the pun)

iamsobroke

Reaction score
Well unless they are a good copy I received a pair of chinchilla yesterday and they are great especially for the price
they are fantastic `fill yer boots` (pardon the pun)

How long did it take to get them? I placed my order September 29th, and they haven't responded to my mails or phone calls since October 2nd.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
How long did it take to get them? I placed my order September 29th, and they haven't responded to my mails or phone calls since October 2nd.
My last order took a while as I think they were waiting on stock. I texted the number and he replied within an hour or two. I sent a pair back I’d ordered for my wife and will keep you posted how refunds go. I’m awaiting an MTO hopefully in next few weeks too.

iamsobroke

Reaction score
My last order took a while as I think they were waiting on stock. I texted the number and he replied within an hour or two. I sent a pair back I’d ordered for my wife and will keep you posted how refunds go. I’m awaiting an MTO hopefully in next few weeks too.

Ok, I guess I will receive my pair soon then :) edit: since he said he shipped them October 2nd.

eddyw

Reaction score

Ordered on the 4th got them on the 8th. Mine where in stock on the website may take longer if out of stock
hope they arrive soon

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed my order today and will keep the thread posted. Interested in an MTO as well - would really like to get a craftsman in Kangaroo. What's the MTO pricing like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads