• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Any idea if they can order narrow widths? I tried calling them but they're currently closed. Don't want to miss this deal!
If you get hold of them I’m sure they can get the narrow widths! You may have to wait though in case they have to order them from aus. I waited a couple of weeks for my chinchillas as they had to order my size from aus

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
If you get hold of them I’m sure they can get the narrow widths! You may have to wait though in case they have to order them from aus. I waited a couple of weeks for my chinchillas as they had to order my size from aus
What he said..

Can order anything in you’d like, I found it easier to text and he gets back later in the day.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I’ve only ever messaged them on Instagram, seems to reply fairly quickly

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just shot him a message there.

How do you text with him? I'm in the US so not sure if it has to be int'l texting.
Ah, stick to Instagram then! Im uk based so no cost to text. Just a mobile listed as company number initially texted and randomly that’s how we’ve communicated!

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Two questions, one practical the other advice-based:
  • First, can anyone share pictures of the black Vesta or Distressed Cowhide leathers? I'm doing some MTO options but can't decide which of those more textured leathers I'd like to try.
  • Second, I'm getting a pair of in mid-brown, either Tobacco Suede or Nutmeg Yearling. Can anyone who's gotten either color recently comment on the color depth, quality, etc of either of those hides?
Many thanks!

EdoubleD

Reaction score
  • First, can anyone share pictures of the black Vesta or Distressed Cowhide leathers? I'm doing some MTO options but can't decide which of those more textured leathers I'd like to try.
  • Second, I'm getting a pair of in mid-brown, either Tobacco Suede or Nutmeg Yearling. Can anyone who's gotten either color recently comment on the color depth, quality, etc of either of those hides?
Many thanks!

I don’t own either tobacco suede or the nutmeg yearling, but have seen both in person. Personally I would go for the suede. The nutmeg looks very bland and borning to me! Others of course may like it.

If it’s possible I would get the tobacco suede with the comfort sold

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Wha
Sorry, I hate to be that guy, but I wanted to jump on this sale while it was still active.

I’m looking for help on my sizing for a pair of the comforts. I measured my foot this morning (~275 mm long, ~260 mm wide), and think I’d fit comfortably in a size 9 according to this chart?

https://www.rmwilliams.com.au/buyer-s-guide:-men-s-boots/mens_boots_buyers_guide.html?lang=en_AU

Does that sound right?

Going by the chart you would need h fitting?

Also size 9 would leave you only 1mm, I would say go 9.5

What size are you normally in shoes? Uk sizing?

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Going by the chart you would need h fitting?

Also size 9 would leave you only 1mm, I would say go 9.5

What size are you normally in shoes? Uk sizing?

Thank you. That seemed big based on my other shoe sizes, so I just measured a few more times and got a little over 270 mm long and 250 mm wide. I feel like my measurement changes every time I retry though. Ugh

I'm usually an 8.5 UK. That's based on 2 different lasts of Meermin shoes, and I also just got a pair of Grant Stone Diesel boots in 9.5 US. I also wear a 42 in Common Projects Achilles.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Thank you. That seemed big based on my other shoe sizes, so I just measured a few more times and got a little over 270 mm long and 250 mm wide. I feel like my measurement changes every time I retry though. Ugh

I'm usually an 8.5 UK. That's based on 2 different lasts of Meermin shoes, and I also just got a pair of Grant Stone Diesel boots in 9.5 US. I also wear a 42 in Common Projects Achilles.

Based on that I would go size 9, worse case and always exchange them ‍♂️

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Based on that I would go size 9, worse case and always exchange them ‍♂️
Thanks for your help!

Now to decide between Tobacco Suede and Black Leather ...

edit: andddd they're sold out in 9 for both lol. Guess I'll try messaging on Instagram like other people did.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Thanks for your help!

Now to decide between Tobacco Suede and Black Leather ...

edit: andddd they're sold out in 9 for both lol. Guess I'll try messaging on Instagram like other people did.

Message them directly they should be able to get your size at the discount price, even if they have to order it from aus.

On a separate note jsut seen on the rm website they have the gardener in tan/baordeux/black st £250

eddyw

Reaction score
Many thanks!
These are the best pictures I could find for you, hope they help.

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-m2/mens-c4/boots-and-shoes-t566

I would go black crazy horse leather cc
https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-comfort-craftsman-boots-p3965

ed

Webbo

Reaction score
The discount is definitely still active. Just ordered the Chocolate Suede Comfort craftsman in 10.5 H fitting. They are being ordered from Aus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads