• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone continued to follow their Instagram? They continue to post new pictures and seek new business. In one case, they deleted a persons comment about them not responding to any of his communication for over a month (phone and emails) even though he paid for his shoes already. 

Anyone still going to be making purchases? I've tried to continue the conversation (based on their insta comments that they want business) but haven't received any responses. 

no responses from them. avoid for now...

wengxiah

Reaction score

Has anyone continued to follow their Instagram? They continue to post new pictures and seek new business. In one case, they deleted a persons comment about them not responding to any of his communication for over a month (phone and emails) even though he paid for his shoes already. 

Anyone still going to be making purchases? I've tried to continue the conversation (based on their insta comments that they want business) but haven't received any responses. 

dont want to be harsh here, but:
i ordered 2 pairs of novecento in 2014 and after a long period of time, he still failed to show me a pic of my military grade encrpted shoes under construction. so in the end of 2015 i asked for refund and we had an agreement that after several months i would receive my first part of my refund and the payment has of course been postponed 1000 times and no i still dont have it and i can do nothing. consider i just spent some money for a IQ test and ive been proved to be a fool, i agree!

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont want to be harsh here, but:
i ordered 2 pairs of novecento in 2014 and after a long period of time, he still failed to show me a pic of my military grade encrpted shoes under construction. so in the end of 2015 i asked for refund and we had an agreement that after several months i would receive my first part of my refund and the payment has of course been postponed 1000 times and no i still dont have it and i can do nothing. consider i just spent some money for a IQ test and ive been proved to be a fool, i agree!

This isn't a brand. Take it as commissioning an art piece from an artist. If he or she's gone then you'll never see your commissioned item. Even if you do it'd be made by someone else. Let it go...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't a brand. Take it as commissioning an art piece from an artist. If he or she's gone then you'll never see your commissioned item. Even if you do it'd be made by someone else. Let it go...
If you order a product, and do not receive the product, you should accept the loss? That seems a terribly foolish way to view things. I don't think I'd view a $5 transaction that way, much less a $3,000+ one.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you order a product, and do not receive the product, you should accept the loss? That seems a terribly foolish way to view things. I don't think I'd view a $5 transaction that way, much less a $3,000+ one.

You commissioned an art then the artist unwillingly leaves this world too soon. Who are you gonna complain to? This isn't like ordering a pair of shoes from Amazon. Different situation if you ordered from a company. Simply sue them. Not defending anyone but that's just cold facts.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You commissioned an art then the artist unwillingly leaves this world too soon. Who are you gonna complain to? This isn't like ordering a pair of shoes from Amazon. Different situation if you ordered from a company. Simply sue them. Not defending anyone but that's just cold facts.

I love Bestetti's shoes, but this is not art, this is products meant to be used ordered from Freccia S.R.L., a company that now after Riccardo's tragic passing continue its business with Bestetti's wife and the employees in the workshop. Of course O.P. should have either received the shoes or a refund already, and since the company is still in business, they still should do the refund. That's the cold fact in this case, as I see it, nothing else.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure why is Stefano Bemer considered a brand and this is not:

And in Bemer's case the old company was closed and the business now using his name is a new company, so if a similar situation would've been going on there then it would be harder for that (fictive) person to claim back the money. In Bestetti's case the same company is still running, so this is crystal clear. That said, it will probably be a bit chaotic now for a while with the current situation which I hope people can understand, but in your case of course you should get your refund and I hope it will be solved for you eventually.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is absurd lol. If the OP was paying with the expectation that ONLY Ricardo create his shoes, of course it will be impossible to make good. If he wants a refund (or would prefer to still receive excellent pairs or shoes) he should unquestionably be made whole.

My only hope is that you were unaware that Ricardo's wife and protégés (if memory serves) were carrying the brand on in his name.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is absurd lol. If the OP was paying with the expectation that ONLY Ricardo create his shoes, of course it will be impossible to make good. If he wants a refund (or would prefer to still receive excellent pairs or shoes) he should unquestionably be made whole.

My only hope is that you were unaware that Ricardo's wife and protégés (if memory serves) were carrying the brand on in his name.

Given how people have been dealing with the shoemaker himself and no other way of communicating with anyone else in the "company", I had assumed otherwise. I think people are truly expecting Riccardo to be doing at least 70% of the work on their bespoke shoes anyway. In any case given the lack of communication I can only assume that this company wouldn't last long and there is a slim chance his wife or some corp would resurrect the brand. My advice is to try to get your refund asap if you can reach them or through legal means. Just being realistic, not being mean.

Last edited:

Chop Chop

Reaction score
Lol at Riva wanting back his initial comment, which was utterly ridiculous.

His wife suggested she'll email me when she's ready to take an order... meanwhile they post insta pics daily seeking new business.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol at Riva wanting back his initial comment, which was utterly ridiculous.

His wife suggested she'll email me when she's ready to take an order... meanwhile they post insta pics daily seeking new business.

Good. I only commented based on what I've read in which some guys here are concerned about not getting their refunds back. IG posts aren't to be taken as good continuous business. Instead good direct communication with paying clients should be an indicator of a real running business. If the founder is on leave and the work is stopped and communication stutters then it's a one man company. I have great respect for Riccardo's works and hopefully the 2 apprentices can fulfill the expectations of those who have paid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads