• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Please kindly let me know if anyone has any resolution to the issue - as I would also like to get my refund.

Chop Chop

Reaction score
According to Mr. Bestetti's wife, she has to close the current "company", and re-open as a new business, due to Italian business law.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to Mr. Bestetti's wife, she has to close the current "company", and re-open as a new business, due to Italian business law. 

Seeing that she responded to you and not others, can you ask her regarding the resolution of the refunds? That'd be helpful.

malabar

Reaction score
Please kindly let me know if anyone has any resolution to the issue - as I would also like to get my refund.

I too will be interested to learn what is the resolution for orders and payments already made. Will they refund payment or deliver shoes made by another shoemaker?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too will be interested to learn what is the resolution for orders and payments already made. Will they refund payment or deliver shoes made by another shoemaker?

I can only assume given the lack of further information from Chop Chop that he already told the whole story (if to be trusted).

Old company closed, all debts erased, new company new shoemakers of course using the Riccardo name. Makes sense to wait for your shoes if already put a refund but that doesn't seem to be reality now. For new clients they'll be buying a product in name only.

Chop Chop

Reaction score
^lol "if to be trusted".

I'm not going to do your ******* homework for you. If you want to know about your refund, email them.

Additionally, I would venture to guess the same folks employed by Riccardo to help make the shoes will likely continue to be the people creating current/future orders. It's not like Riccardo was the sole person creating these shoes.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^lol "if to be trusted".

I'm not going to do your ******* homework for you. If you want to know about your refund, email them. 

Additionally, I would venture to guess the same folks employed by Riccardo to help make the shoes will likely continue to be the people creating current/future orders. It's not like Riccardo was the sole person creating these shoes. 

Then I'm sure, not guess, that whatever you wrote thus far aren't to be trusted as they're nothing more than guesses
1f609.png

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I'm sure, not guess, that whatever you wrote thus far aren't to be trusted as they're nothing more than guesses
1f609.png

I don't understand, since it's been stated a number of times that it's Riccardo's wife together with Riccardo's employees that are continuing the brand's journey, why would it be anything else than the people that worked in the workshop that will be making the shoes now? Of course Riccardo didn't do all the work himself before, there's no need for staff if you do that..

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To call this conversation asinine (Riva's portion) doesn't begin to do it justice lol.

Your speculation runs contrary to everything I have heard on the matter, and the idea that the brand will be nothing more than a name due to Riccardo's passing is rooted in a land untethered to reality.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To call this conversation asinine (Riva's portion) doesn't begin to do it justice lol.

Your speculation runs contrary to everything I have heard on the matter, and the idea that the brand will be nothing more than a name due to Riccardo's passing is rooted in a land untethered to reality.

It will be like Alexander McQueen and the rest of the brands using passed away original designers. In my book that's not a continuation regardless of how hard people want to believe otherwise. In any case few people give a damn about the future of the company than the status of their refunds which nobody here has been helpful enough to provide even a rumor on the matter. That to me is the only thing laughable. Lol now.

siegolindo

Reaction score
after giving the family some space to mourn for their loss, I emailed them several times with no luck. Today, I received a response from a Marco Facchinetti ([email protected]) stating that he is the new owner and manager of production. He states he has been one of riccardos closest friends, over 25 years. a google search of his name reveals that he is an architect/urban planner based out of milan. We will be speaking again on Thursday (after he visits shop) as I requested he check that my measurements were on file. I will ask if riccardos apprentices have been retained

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be like Alexander McQueen and the rest of the brands using passed away original designers. In my book that's not a continuation regardless of how hard people want to believe otherwise. In any case few people give a damn about the future of the company than the status of their refunds which nobody here has been helpful enough to provide even a rumor on the matter. That to me is the only thing laughable. Lol now.
Where is this idea that people are swooping in to "take over" the Bestetti name coming from? If the people who were working with Ricardo prior to his unfortunate passing are continuing to do the exact same work, I can't fathom how that is NOT a continuation...

siegolindo

Reaction score
Spoke with Mr Facchinetti via email, he assured me there are no changes regarding personnel and all the lines in production have continued. He is looking to improve production by improving communication with customers and delivery times. I will place a new order as I love my novacento tokyo pair and keep everyone posted on my experiance.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Mr Facchinetti via email, he assured me there are no changes regarding personnel and all the lines in production have continued. He is looking to improve production by improving communication with customers and delivery times. I will place a new order as I love my novacento tokyo pair and keep everyone posted on my experiance.

can I convince you to share the email address ? I'm in the boat of Riccardo being midstream on an order not finished & would like to check in with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics