• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dls6128

Reaction score
Yup, it's legal, at least in the US. The law specifies that US banknotes are legal tender for all debts, but does not require people to accept currency as payment for goods/services. http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp edit for some recent purchases: picked up grey CP Achilles, W+H west point chino shorts, and TOJ varsity

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you

lol. sounds like a good idea. but instead of handing them the bills ill just make it rain on the counter top.

194904barack-make-it-rain.gif

This raining technique would work well also:

68y9hx.jpg

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the flagship in seattle carries paul smith. i think its main line like you said. then they have some other crappy stuff like dolce & gabana and gucci i think. their MMM buy this season is SOOOOO good though. they have that dark blue big shawl neck cardigan that everyone is always talking about.

I work a block from there and haven't been down since the new stuff arrived. Need to drop in there during lunch.

Looks like you had a good trip to the PNW. Let me know when you are in town next, we should grab a drink. I saw that you were coming to town but I was away in Bay Area and am now on Whidbey Island, otherwise I would have pm'ed.

the guy at barneys ny in seattle told me to go there.

barneys was raided hard before you got to town, it is usually decent.

yeah they are. you can unzip part of it so clothes underneath are exposed too. just like in their runway looks.

55600_00320h-1--2010.01.24.15.30.55.719259_hq_122_135lo.jpg

^ this would be epic cop

delakingois

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what that trench is? I'm going crazy as I know that I've seen it but can't remember where.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Between JC Penney and Nordstrom, the similarities pretty much end with both being a department stores.

With Macys, it varies by location, some carry some high-end luxury brands but nothing like MMM or Lanvin.

Federated owns both Bloomingdales and Macy's, and decided to differentiate them this way. Bloomingdales has always had a higher end reputation, so it go the luxury and designer brands.

Jack Straw Filaments is the best store for designer stuff in the Seattle area.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Federated owns both Bloomingdales and Macy's, and decided to differentiate them this way. Bloomingdales has always had a higher end reputation, so it go the luxury and designer brands.

Jack Straw Filaments is the best store for designer stuff in the Seattle area.

Jack Straw is the only place that carries Dries downtown, very good store.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a window decal for dvn at the Barneys downtown. Maybe I'm seeing things.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I thought I saw a window decal for dvn at the Barneys downtown. Maybe I'm seeing things.

dammit you are right, I forgot. yes Dries is at Barneys, I should stfu.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads