1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^That cotton joint on the right was stupid cheap eh, but ridiculously short. The snap cardi on the left was sold out in M when I got to it but a little overpriced anyway for what it is imo.

3. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

4. knate614

knate614 New Member

Hey bows1, mabye I missed it but what are the boots?

5. Meis

Meis Senior member

6. cr1234

cr1234 Senior member

Adding to the SF raid on Gilt. I got a M and L and I'll put the one that doesn't fit in B&S.
    [​IMG]

7. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

More Ervell, I went with the jeans.

[​IMG]

8. sipang

sipang Senior member

So, is there an Ervell Gilt sale every month now or what ?

9. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

And finally after the sixth one, I managed to get the blue pants and the green shirt.

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Did they do a price error on that pocket knit? I think we got it for 88% off.

Snap front cardi isn't worth it. You'll understand once you feel it.

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

SF raid in effect for sure haha. I picked up the cotton tee actually.

^That cotton joint on the right was stupid cheap eh, but ridiculously short. The snap cardi on the left was sold out in M when I got to it but a little overpriced anyway for what it is imo.

God yes that is cheap, I would've snagged if they had a small, although a medium might work as well really.

In terms of the one on the right, I actually think the price is good on that one. I own it in a medium and the thing is really nice, great texture and very loose knit and airy. Knitted in Peru so those guys know their knits.

More Ervell, I went with the jeans.

[​IMG]

You know I keep seeing them and thinking I should give them a shot, I don't know. They look great though. Post a fit when you get it.

So, is there an Ervell Gilt sale every month now or what ?

I don't know, but I'd be fine with that so long as they keep adding new things.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Did they do a price error on that pocket knit? I think we got it for 88% off.

They must have, that's the pocket sweater from this past season isn't it? I was thinking the orginal price was lower (for a change) than what it really was.

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ have you felt their baby alpaca iterations yet tonio? Makes all the difference.

That coat is cool I might have gotten it.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

^ have you felt their baby alpaca iterations yet tonio? Makes all the difference.

if it turns out it's doesn't fit I'll put it up for sale here before returning.

16. Meis

Meis Senior member

They must have, that's the pocket sweater from this past season isn't it? I was thinking the orginal price was lower (for a change) than what it really was.

yeah on Ervell's website its listed at $300. It probably is SS 2010, the summer jeans I got at the last sale were, and the colorway that was for sale was offered this season

17. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

You know I keep seeing them and thinking I should give them a shot, I don't know. They look great though. Post a fit when you get it.

It's my first Ervell piece so I am pretty excited. it was a toss up between these and the green oxide club shirt. I wish I could have gotten both but funds are tight right now. These jeans might not work with my body type so maybe they will end up on B&S for you to buy, haha

18. Binker

Binker Senior member

Yes, it is the Pima Cotton version from this season. Retail price was of course not 150.

19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I haven't yet actually. I've been eyeing the B&S for the navy fair isle alpaca, but never showed up in a small, but I imagine they're fantastic. Baby alpaca is some nice stuff. I've owned plenty of hand knit alpaca sweaters from Ecuador and they're up there with my favorites.

if it turns out it's doesn't fit I'll put it up for sale here before returning.

I'm sure it won't be an issue. I have the wool version from last FW season and it's sweet. If fits a bit ling in the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't handle. If it fits I'm sure you'll like the cotton version.

20. Meis

Meis Senior member

I haven't yet actually. I've been eyeing the B&S for the navy fair isle alpaca, but never showed up in a small, but I imagine they're fantastic. Baby alpaca is some nice stuff. I've owned plenty of hand knit alpaca sweaters from Ecuador and they're up there with my favorites.

I'm sure it won't be an issue. I have the wool version from last FW season and it's sweet. If fits a bit ling in the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't handle. If it fits I'm sure you'll like the cotton version.

what size did you go with? I ended up going with the xs (i used the measurements from the similar looking parachute coat on their site, which listed xs at 19.5ptp, though the sm and xs were pretty similar)