• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
filippa k, just got it back from the tailor

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Inis Meáin.

RFT: Sometimes I feel a little ridiculous for buying the exact garment I already have, just in a different color. But, if it's something I know I like, might as well. I get tired of thinking of new brands to try and wondering if something will actually fit me well. I've been meaning to try Howlin' knits, but when I can spend an extra $100 and get a super luxe Inis Meáin, why not?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Inis Meáin.

RFT: Sometimes I feel a little ridiculous for buying the exact garment I already have, just in a different color. But, if it's something I know I like, might as well. I get tired of thinking of new brands to try and wondering if something will actually fit me well. I've been meaning to try Howlin' knits, but when I can spend an extra $100 and get a super luxe Inis Meáin, why not?

isn't/wasn't (?) there some real famous guy, who allegedly had 30 grey suits that all looked exactly the same? anyways, if it's fits nice and it's worth the price, ain't nothing wrong imo buying more of the same
smile.gif

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^KJ- Yes, but they're fukin pricey.

Naturally, I agree, koy. Sometimes I go a little overboard, though. For instance, I wish I bought a SEH Kelly linen jacket, rather than a Cabourn linen Mallory that looks just like my Cabourn Harris Tweed Mallory. Anyway...

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I'm curious if you have any recs on brands for jackets and oxford shirts? I have similar measurements and everything is tight in the chest and blousey in the waist (EG. my TOJ1 in 50). Only thing that fits well is my Acne jacket in 50 and strangely a Club monaco bomber in Medium.

My ToJ DR (which is MTM) fits really well, and Levi's slim fit trucker jackets fit ok. I don't wear oxfords that often, but Gant Rugger shirts generally fit me well with some tailoring. I'd mostly say find some shirts that fit in the chest, shoulders, and sleeve length, and get them tailored. I usually prefer having shirts darted to having them tapered.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

filippa k, just got it back from the tailor

How can a tailor ever hope to properly modify a knit? Do they just fold over the excess fabric and sew it up?

A few years back I consulted with one of those places that modifies knits by hand. For example, they can shorten the length of a knit by cutting off the length and then knitting a new bottom ribbing using the extra fabric. The end result looks like it came from the factory that way. Prohibitively expensive though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads