• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I recently bought this Oxxford Type A suit. Do you think it is authentic?

I bought the suit from him yesterday and still haven't heard a word from him. Should I be concerned?

I know you're new 'round these parts, and this may be the first big suit purchase off the net that you've made, but relax a bit - the seller is highly respected by people here who have bought a ton of things, some much more expensive, from him over many years. You lucked into buying from a first-rate, top tier seller on your first go 'round. Everything's going to be just fine.

ps - looking forward to you posting some shots of your Oxxford when it arrives, you have certainly joined the club in style.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been eyeing these for a while. Finally pulled the trigger on a 1.5" wide belt from Freeman - Wood & Faulk collaboration. Hopefully I don't regret passing on the 1" version.

squid720

Reaction score

I know you're new 'round these parts, and this may be the first big suit purchase off the net that you've made, but relax a bit - the seller is highly respected by people here who have bought a ton of things, some much more expensive, from him over many years. You lucked into buying from a first-rate, top tier seller on your first go 'round. Everything's going to be just fine.

ps - looking forward to you posting some shots of your Oxxford when it arrives, you have certainly joined the club in style.

Thank you for the guidance. I am certainly a noob, and I apologize for being uptight. I just didn't know the protocol and whatnot. I am grateful for the reassurance.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you for the guidance. I am certainly a noob, and I apologize for being uptight. I just didn't know the protocol and whatnot. I am grateful for the reassurance.

No prob, and I'll add that your response is 10 times better than most noobs' would have been. You're off to a good start :fistbump:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joffrey, great belt. i think you were right to go 1.5 on that.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was like you when I first started although I didnt purchase a $1000 suit. Congrats on the purchase and we cant wait to see the fit pics.

squid720

Reaction score
No prob, and I'll add that your response is 10 times better than most noobs' would have been. You're off to a good start
fistbump.gif

Thanks. I really appreciate that. While on the topic of the proper protocol, maybe I can pick the veterans' brains a bit more. I am an attorney and sit at a desk all day. Going into this year I had three Zegna Multiseason Navy Suits (Size 40R) and Two Oxxford 1220 Charcoal Suits (Size 42R). After a year, the Oxxford suits have held up great. The Zegna suits are not holding up well. The elbows have torn on one and the seat tore on another. I guess I am too hard on the suits to wear Zegna suits, so I am trying to replace two of the three Navy multiseason suits with two really high quality Navy blue suits. The Oxxford Type A that I just bought will work for one of those two, but I still need another. Any idea where I can find it? I would really like to get a solid navy brioni suit (no stripes, just solid navy is all I can wear at work) in 40R, and I'd probably pay up to $2k for that, but I can't find that size in solid Brioni suits anywhere. How would I do about searching for that on this forum? I have plenty of time to wait--I don't need it now. I would also be up for buying another Oxxford Type A in Size 42R in Navy if a good deal could be had.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer me.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks.  I really appreciate that.  While on the topic of the proper protocol, maybe I can pick the veterans' brains a bit more.  I am an attorney and sit at a desk all day.  Going into this year I had three Zegna Multiseason Navy Suits (Size 40R) and Two Oxxford 1220 Charcoal Suits (Size 42R).  After a year, the Oxxford suits have held up great.  The Zegna suits are not holding up well.  The elbows have torn on one and the seat tore on another.  I guess I am too hard on the suits to wear Zegna suits, so I am trying to replace two of the three Navy multiseason suits with two really high quality Navy blue suits.  The Oxxford Type A that I just bought will work for one of those two, but I still need another.  Any idea where I can find it?  I would really like to get a solid navy brioni suit (no stripes, just solid navy is all I can wear at work) in 40R, and I'd probably pay up to $2k for that, but I can't find that size in solid Brioni suits anywhere.  How would I do about searching for that on this forum?  I have plenty of time to wait--I don't need it now.  I would also be up for buying another Oxxford Type A in Size 42R in Navy if a good deal could be had. 

You'll do better venturing out and starting a new thread with your questions above titled something like "Help! Shopping Zegna, Oxxford and Brioni" (or similar) rather than here in the Recent Purchases thread. My only guidance is to relentlessly monitor/shark B&S here and EBay. I'll also add that I bet the Multiseason fabric in the Zegna's that you got is a lighter thinner, cooler, all-year type of material that just doesn't hold up as well for day-in-day-out rotation. Plus, in my limited experience Oxxford is usually known for sturdier stuffs.

Hope that helps - post some questions in the general forum and you'll attract answers. You've got just enough experience behind your questions to generate some answers (again, unlike many noobs).

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

joffrey, great belt. i think you were right to go 1.5 on that.

Stitchy - I just noticed that I joined a year before you yet you have 23 TIMES the number of posts as I do. You are an animal.

squid720

Reaction score

You'll do better venturing out and starting a new thread with your questions above titled something like "Help! Shopping Zegna, Oxxford and Brioni" (or similar) rather than here in the Recent Purchases thread. My only guidance is to relentlessly monitor/shark B&S here and EBay. I'll also add that I bet the Multiseason fabric in the Zegna's that you got is a lighter thinner, cooler, all-year type of material that just doesn't hold up as well for day-in-day-out rotation. Plus, in my limited experience Oxxford is usually known for sturdier stuffs.

Hope that helps - post some questions in the general forum and you'll attract answers. You've got just enough experience behind your questions to generate some answers (again, unlike many noobs).

Thank you so much again. Really do appreciate the help.

tdude

Reaction score

Thanks.  I really appreciate that.  While on the topic of the proper protocol, maybe I can pick the veterans' brains a bit more.  I am an attorney and sit at a desk all day.  Going into this year I had three Zegna Multiseason Navy Suits (Size 40R) and Two Oxxford 1220 Charcoal Suits (Size 42R).  After a year, the Oxxford suits have held up great.  The Zegna suits are not holding up well.  The elbows have torn on one and the seat tore on another.  I guess I am too hard on the suits to wear Zegna suits, so I am trying to replace two of the three Navy multiseason suits with two really high quality Navy blue suits.  The Oxxford Type A that I just bought will work for one of those two, but I still need another.  Any idea where I can find it?  I would really like to get a solid navy brioni suit (no stripes, just solid navy is all I can wear at work) in 40R, and I'd probably pay up to $2k for that, but I can't find that size in solid Brioni suits anywhere.  How would I do about searching for that on this forum?  I have plenty of time to wait--I don't need it now.  I would also be up for buying another Oxxford Type A in Size 42R in Navy if a good deal could be had. 

Eveybody here goes through what you're going through. (I still am :)) Spend some time reading old threads and the new ones. Read the cloth thread. Some of the "higher end" suit names use fine wool like super 130s or higher. Those cloths feel great, but are not practical for workhorse suits. To get a workhouse, and considering your budget is that robust, you could talk to Kent Wang or edmorel about their mtm programs. Be aware that online mtm can be difficult to get right. again, research and reading is your friend if you have a little time. Depending on where you live, several tailors that are viewed favorablyl travel and you may find investing in a suit made for you to be a better investment than buying the name brioni (Gordon yao's prices are in your ballpark for example). Just a thought. If you haven't tried the famous names on, like brioni, go to a neiman Marcus if there is one near and try them on. The fit may be good or not. It'd be a shame to sink 2k into a suit only to discover that you don't like the look in the mirror.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy - I just noticed that I joined a year before you yet you have 23 TIMES the number of posts as I do. You are an animal.

:hide:

:embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads