• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
archetypical yuppie, you should check AAAC - you'd like this guy named cruiser or something

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
archetypical yuppie, you should check AAAC - you'd like this guy named cruiser or something

Is AAAC as mad as FNB'S forum?

They have a few interesting and paranoid-schizophrenic customers on FNB...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is AAAC as mad as FNB'S forum?
I don't check either very often to be honest, but my perception is that they are polar opposites in many ways.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

That whole trad thing makes me wanna vomit. I like many of the things that are popular here, but the frequent posters are so self-reinforcing that things tend to spiral out of control.

The fact that the slightest bit of dissent triggers a huge witch hunt does not help. If you look back at my orig statement, all I said we that he's doing too much in one shot.

EDIT: btw I have not seen an AAAC page in about a year.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
The fact that the slightest bit of dissent triggers a huge witch hunt does not help.
It's not that you're dissenting, it's that your dissent is ludicrous. How are sunglasses affected? The next thing you'll say is underwear is affected too. Your post makes it seem like you're just looking for the smallest, inconsequential and in some cases non-existant reasons to hate on the guy's look. It has nothing to do with SF group think or "bukkake." Your post just lacks any sort of grip on reality and all of your vitriol seems to be targeted towards any sort of individuality.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Do any of you guys read before posting, ever? I have yet to use the word "affected." As I've spelled out once before, and was obvious in my original post on the subject, the issue is not the sunglasses, but the fact that everything he is wearing is trying to be a piece of interest. There is almost nothing he left out.

And I didnt say anything like "go kill yourself dude, you look ridiculous," I just said it looked like too much. And then the SF loyalists tried to crucify me.

I'm not seeking popularity... just participating.

EDIT:

Here was my original post, which triggered the cascade of lash-outs: "^ I def think this is too much already. Trying too hard, to put it politely."

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I tend to slow down if he walks in front of me or faster if he is behind me.

I generally just keep a metal spike mounted in my groin area and a steel plate over my butt. We all know men like that will try anything they can.

Such contraptions take care of the problem whether he tries to get me from behind, or makes me "accidentally" run into him.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
the issue is not the sunglasses, but the fact that everything he is wearing is trying to be a piece of interest.
Or trying to keep the sun out of his eyes. Since, you know, that's the point of sunglasses.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
It's not that you're dissenting, it's that your dissent is ludicrous. How are sunglasses affected? The next thing you'll say is underwear is affected too. Your post makes it seem like you're just looking for the smallest, inconsequential and in some cases non-existant reasons to hate on the guy's look. It has nothing to do with SF group think or "bukkake." Your post just lacks any sort of grip on reality and all of your vitriol seems to be targeted towards any sort of individuality.
+1, I called him a moron because he described a guy wearing skinny jeans, some sort of shirt, a sportcoat and chelsea boots as a vagabond, not because he didn't like the look (I didn't either).

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
+1, I called him a moron because he described a guy wearing skinny jeans, some sort of shirt, a sportcoat and chelsea boots as a vagabond, not because he didn't like the look (I didn't either).

I thought the use of the term vagabond was actually quite charming ...

I would have used indie chic...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads