• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the latest BC collection
Brunello+1.jpg
Brunello+3.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
bit rich, considering everything you've ever done has been done... 40 years ago.

- cuban heels on men... tick
- big collars... tick
- paisley shirts... tick
- fitted suits... tick
- cowboy hats... tick
- bolo ties... tick
- suits in strange earthen shades... tick

And yet do you see anyone wearing that stuff?

Most of these European men seem to favor these questionable trends such as cargo shorts with suit jackets or those absurd little bits of ethnic jewelry.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
I wouldn't misconstrue different as necessarily creative or particularly stylish.

Most unpopular things don't look good.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fact that all these men are dressed extremely similarly in a style that could be construed as "ultra-trendy" suggests that they lack any particularly definitive look of their own.

Had they been wearing something rather old-fashioned and conservative, it would have been a different situation.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
I also enjoyed those Italians and their looks immensely, they just seem to enjoy their clothes so much, and not all of them had time to 'pose' as calculatingly as some of the posters here on the forum or some models in ads...(or tug their sleeves into position or straighten some crease on the shoulders of their jackets etc.)..

I'm sorry but I think those Italians are among the fussiest and most calculating dressers I've ever seen. It looks as if they spend hours preparing every detail of what they wear and how they wear it. It's very unappealing.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valentino Ricci from Sciamt wore something that even mafoofan would have liked on the 18th!
But probably too boring to be seen in one of the blogs.

I looked totally ridiculous when a photo was made of me, buit at least I fit in
smile.gif
(everything you see, incl. the curly hair, shirt sleeves, overall exhausted look is a result of ca.400% humidity).
Cravat_noire.jpg

Btw. it was the first time in my (real) life that someone asked me if I am CN from SF...
blush.gif

http://www.blogg.follestad.com

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
That fabric reminds me of my new summer jacket.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
And yet do you see anyone wearing that stuff?

Most of these European men seem to favor these questionable trends such as cargo shorts with suit jackets or those absurd little bits of ethnic jewelry.

Labelking...European men is the best sweeping statement I have ever heard on SF...

Are we talking about the French,German,English,Irish,Spanish,Austrian,Russian,Romanian,Danish ,Italian man?

You are too knowledgeable to submit some strange sartorial statement like this...

You're talking about Italian style which is very particular to a certain small part of Europe...

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottega Veneta/Banana Republic man is sporting one of my favourite recent looks, and one of the few I'd wear head to toe. (OK, I can't see his shoes). Sometimes style can be found in very casual - plain even - sporty outfits. He looks no less of a mannequin or generic example of his niche than some of his critics here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads