• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Fred H.

Reaction score

I think the fact that he is a bit stocky makes him look shorter.

The fact that his pants are rolled up doesn't help.

Haha, that photo of Scotty is hilarious!

Yeah, he's laughin' all the way to the bank...

I read somewhere that Dear Ole Mr. Sart makes somewhere north of $1M per year from his blog alone.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There was an article I read not too long ago about him and his adverts on his blog. He actually seems to make a lot less than you might think. I mean he does very well, but he doesn't have ****-you money or anything.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A cyclist writes: it's more that the bike may be somewhat too big for him. It's a common problem in people who don't know that much about bikes. Just as in style, fit is crucial in bikes.

He didn't mention it is a woman's bike?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that his pants are rolled up doesn't help.
Yeah, he's laughin' all the way to the bank...
I read somewhere that Dear Ole Mr. Sart makes somewhere north of $1M per year from his blog alone.

He's still a short lad though, so I wouldn't trade places.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Seriously, guys. I read somewhere... NYT.. TechCrunch... somewhere... that they calculate that Scotty is making over a MIL a year on his blog.

THEN there's Garance. (Who's MUCH more interesting and stylish and PARISAN for chrissakes.)

QED:

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He didn't mention it is a woman's bike?

A pedant writes: actually, it is a step-through frame, which is not necessarily a woman's bike these days, and many Dutch-style bikes have unisex step-through frames, just because they are easier to get on and off, in this case without being in any danger of ripping your no doubt expensive white trousers!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A pedant writes: actually, it is a step-through frame, which is not necessarily a woman's bike these days, and many Dutch-style bikes have unisex step-through frames, just because they are easier to get on and off, in this case without being in any danger of ripping your no doubt expensive white trousers!

I don't think your (your in general) Dutch friends in a bar will buy it if you say your woman's bike is actually a unisex step-through frame. But maybe times are changing.

sprout

Reaction score
I don't think your (your in general) Dutch friends in a bar will buy it if you say your woman's bike is actually a unisex step-through frame. But maybe times are changing.

Post pics of your manly bike, NOBD!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty much anything goes in the Netherlands... as long as it's big. Dutch people are ridiculously tall, and being very short, it makes me feel like I am on a different planet when I go there... and there's no point in me even looking at Dutch clothes.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty much anything goes in the Netherlands... as long as it's big. Dutch people are ridiculously tall, and being very short, it makes me feel like I am on a different planet when I go there... and there's no point in me even looking at Dutch clothes.

lol. Now you know how a midget must feel.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dutch people are ridiculously tall

Wesley_Sneijder_516419a.jpg

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just googled it and the average dutch height for adults is 6'1"

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52