• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same boat as lane though much more plebe-ified. Wore my peacoat with a t-shirt last night because i had nothing else to wear in the rain.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty ****** writing no matter which way you go about it. 'LOL overpriced garbage my kid could make' has been done to death and is a sure sign their newsroom (or is Gawker just one dude?) has absolutely zero ideas.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't look at the list of benefits Gawker employees get. It will just upset you that such lousy writers get such an expansive list (for journalists, anyway) of perks.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pronxs- I feel you man. I feel the best thing to do is

1. Be in really good shape as you're showing more of your skin throughout the year.
2. Invest in really nice footwear as this can be worn year round and is one of the best investments anyways.

Those 2 things can make something like a simple v neck, rolled up chino look improve drastically.

Also, optional things are a nice watch and a nice briefcase/bag.

EDIT- One more thing....how hot is it where your at? Even in summer......when evening comes around I can still wear pants and button up shirt? I just go with linen and linen blends....

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a newsroom (I guess you could call it that). The bar for what they publish isn't super high just because they publish so much, which is part of their strategy for getting lots of pageviews. I don't care what they make fun of; I just want it to be funny! Also, I think this is kinda old news.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For journalists health insurance is an expansive list of perks
dozingoff.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They have a newsroom (I guess you could call it that). The bar for what they publish isn't super high just because they publish so much, which is part of their strategy for getting lots of pageviews. I don't care what they make fun of; I just want it to be funny! Also, I think this is kinda old news.

That first part is now pretty much the norm for any print newspaper trying to stay afloat via its online component. The last paper I was at stressed someone publishing SOMETHING at least every 15 minutes, even if there was nothing of even mild importance to publish. This method also led to countless "update" stories on stories that weren't terribly intriguing to start with.

As for the humor, that's subject, but I mostly agree. There's a dearth of anything genuinely funny on Gawker, which is too bad, because that's certainly supposed to be one of the site's selling points. Brian Moylan did great things with his TV recaps, but he recently left the company.

For journalists health insurance is an expansive list of perks :dozingoff:

Sadly true. Say what you will about modern journalism, but I've got a lot of journalist friends who bust their ass to bring home an annual income below the poverty line. Most are just thankful to have a job and insurance.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I occasionally read and somewhat like jalopnik, so good work there Gawker Media!

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same boat as lane though much more plebe-ified. Wore my peacoat with a t-shirt last night because i had nothing else to wear in the rain.

doesnt it blow? i hate when it rains, ****. I dont even like going out when its raining but I cant even wear my cool ****.

also. I noticed xhale is posting a ton on SZ now, lol.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

doesnt it blow? i hate when it rains, ****. I dont even like going out when its raining but I cant even wear my cool ****.
also. I noticed xhale is posting a ton on SZ now, lol.

you mentioned you have waxed cotton but want something cotton for the rain. I don't know how this was glossed over, but, like, that's backwards dude.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Gawker. It's a decent place to get a good news roundup and find the occasional weird story.

also, Jil sample sale begins this week in NYC apparently. never been to it myself. seems like a nightmare.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you mentioned you have waxed cotton but want something cotton for the rain. I don't know how this was glossed over, but, like, that's backwards dude.

i dunno, I want a non-waxed jacket/coat I guess. Even my blazers have a sheen to them, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads