Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

^By the way, yes, the Geller fencing fit TTS.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Then my signature need not be adjusted. Those things are like unicorns though. Understandably, I mean they were only one season afaik and no one wants to give theirs up.

3. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

you've only gone halfway there...

customs is way more complicated than that. so much so that businesses usually outsource that stuff to a customs broker.

the sad thing is that most of the duties are on cheap items. for example some made in china $1 shoes will have an astronomically higher duty (by percentage) than a pair of made in england shell cordovans or whatever MC beast on.

don't get me started on MFN.

that's right. when i said "in a formal entry you do it yourself" what this actually means is that FedEx (or whatever carrier) pays a company to collect the package at the border where it enters the US and fill out all the paperwork on formal entries. Those assholes then charge you a fee for doing this on top of the extra duties. For FedEx its 25 bucks.

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?

mine are 1 size down. normally a 30 and my 19cms are 29. but mine are not raw. I think you are supposed to size down 2 on raws because they stretch. on non-raws, you size down 1 or not at all; simply depending on whether you prefer the "vanity" look or regular. i wouldn't count on non-raws stretching much.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The ones I just got are 07 sharp notations so they're (apparently) MIJ raws underneath with a fairly light coating.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

mine are 1 size down. normally a 30 and my 19cms are 29. but mine are not raw. I think you are supposed to size down 2 on raws because they stretch. on non-raws, you size down 1 or not at all; simply depending on whether you prefer the "vanity" look or regular. i wouldn't count on non-raws stretching much.

I'm a 30 and my Diors are a 28 raw. they got a little loose on me which is why I have the 27s next in line

7. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I'm a 30 and my Diors are a 28 raw. they got a little loose on me which is why I have the 27s next in line

I wear 28s too and they sag a shitload. I wanted to get 27s but they wouldn't fit me in the thigh [​IMG] I'm a fatty T_T

8. APK

APK Senior member

Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?

I'm convinced that anyone recommending someone size down on most non-APC denim has virtually no ass or thighs to speak of. Everyone buying into this idea that you automatically need to size down on ever jean out there has probably spiked the number of "Kramer in denim" incidents dramatically since raw denim became popular in the States.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^While that's true I was under the impression that sizing down in Dior was every bit as universally accepted a rule as sizing down in APC. It's not like they're 17.5cms, I am really surprised how tight they are.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah APC isn't the only denim that is vanity sized. My sz29 N&F WGs are certainly not fit for someone who is a true 29, even before stretching.

11. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

yeah APC isn't the only denim that is vanity sized. My sz29 N&F WGs are certainly not fit for someone who is a true 29, even before stretching.

weird guys are true to size ime, but then again i buy jeans to fit my legs not waist

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Then my signature need not be adjusted. Those things are like unicorns though. Understandably, I mean they were only one season afaik and no one wants to give theirs up.

damn unicorn clothing.

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

I wish I could go back in time and save up all my gilt credits for one major purchases vs. a dozen random crap purchases (that I didn't even care about, just needed to spend credits).

Pretty sure overall I racked up enough so I could've grabbed a TB suit for almost nothing.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

weird guys are true to size ime, but then again i buy jeans to fit my legs not waist

considering jeans are sized based on the waist this makes no sense.

sounds to me like you are buying the wrong cut for your legs.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

I'd have to agree w/ mikey... the first pair of raw denim I ever owned were a pair of weird guys I got on sale. I'm usually a 30 and the 30s, while ok at first, they stretched out enough at the waist (despite always wearing a belt) that they didn't fit anymore. Shit even the pair of 29s I later owned were a little loose at the waist after a half dozen wears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.