Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I wish I could go back in time and save up all my gilt credits for one major purchases vs. a dozen random crap purchases (that I didn't even care about, just needed to spend credits).

Pretty sure overall I racked up enough so I could've grabbed a TB suit for almost nothing.

truth. i'm like, "yo, this shirt is only $65," and before you know it I have a closet full of random ass shit I'll never wear vs. one baller ass gilt item that comes around every now and then. my problem is I'm all about retail therapy so buying something satisfies me in the moment, so I'm tempted to impulse buy lots of shit.

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

considering jeans are sized based on the waist this makes no sense. sounds to me like you are buying the wrong cut for your legs.
    you're right. but it does make sense for trousers (the kind where the waist is easily taken in/let out) in my experience it's almost impossible to find a pair of jeans that fit perfectly. even if they fit perfectly when new they might not fit well broken in. it's craps.

3. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

sizing up / down for me has more to do with thigh measurements / leg opening than anything else. waists will stretch if you don't frequently wash something (raw jeans).

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?

what size. if they don't fit i might buy off you

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

unfortunately at some point in my life i'm going to need to learn to read german. very saddening.
    if you're going down that history route, you better learn german, ancient greek, and latin. Pretty much necessary to work in the world of history unless you're only touching modern american stuff
    teger is an angry english teacher
    Is he teaching yet? If so, it's understandable that he's angry.
    not that long ago wendy's sold 5 nuggets for $1. and that wasn't a deal or nothing that was all day everyday
    You can still get this in non-big cities or at least in the souf

6. Lel

Lel Senior member

truth. i'm like, "yo, this shirt is only $65," and before you know it I have a closet full of random ass shit I'll never wear vs. one baller ass gilt item that comes around every now and then. my problem is I'm all about retail therapy so buying something satisfies me in the moment, so I'm tempted to impulse buy lots of shit.

Yeah I have a bunch of crap that was cheap and cost me nothing. Candles, french press, some cheap Diesel jeans where the button flew off (literally, it was a fucking cannon), just stuff that never cost me a cent because gilt credit covered it and I got angsty waiting around for something I actually wanted.

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Barney's BH today:

Saw a french guy wearing Rick Dunks and he looked tons better than anyone I've seen in either rick or dunks. (wasn't wearing a leather)

Saw two black dudes and both were wearing Balenciaga sneakers. One had the bright glow in the dark ones with some horizontal striped pants, looked pretty terrible.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^racist

9. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

You can still get this in non-big cities or at least in the souf

whatup wit central square wendy's? worst wendy's i've seen. possibly worst in the world.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?
    The ones I just got are 07 sharp notations so they're (apparently) MIJ raws underneath with a fairly light coating.
    If they are MIJ raw they will stretch IME. I can never button my diors when i get them. I just wear them a few times around the house without the top button done, with a belt on until the waist stretches. Sounds stupid but that is how I get my fit, which is not a skinny fit. For you AR: if they fit in the thigh, keep them.
    I'm a 30 and my Diors are a 28 raw. they got a little loose on me which is why I have the 27s next in line
    I size down 3 [​IMG] Sizing down 2 for me results in huge pants. Do not want. The end result is not nut-crushing despite fearmongering. I subtract 2 sizes for the vanity sizing, then they stretch one size. Do not try with soccer thighs.
    sizing up / down for me has more to do with thigh measurements / leg opening than anything else. waists will stretch if you don't frequently wash something (raw jeans).
    Dior waist always stretches (black raw stretches less). Thigh stretches very little. Hence, I size to thigh.

11. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I'm convinced that anyone recommending someone size down on most non-APC denim has virtually no ass or thighs to speak of. Everyone buying into this idea that you automatically need to size down on ever jean out there has probably spiked the number of "Kramer in denim" incidents dramatically since raw denim became popular in the States.

just curious, do you wear Diors? and if so do you wear your true waist size?

12. Lel

Lel Senior member

I'm starting to realize how much I dislike loafers. Objectively, I find nothing wrong with them. However for some reason, the majority of the populace defaults to fugly cheap looking loafers as footwear. Of course this is made worse by hipsters trying to rock disgusting thrifted loafers with tapered skinny jeans, one of the worst combinations I see on a daily base [​IMG]

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

going true to size with Diors would be awful. so bad so bad.

I'm starting to realize how much I dislike loafers. Objectively, I find nothing wrong with them. However for some reason, the majority of the populace defaults to fugly cheap looking loafers as footwear. Of course this is made worse by hipsters trying to rock disgusting thrifted loafers with tapered skinny jeans, one of the worst combinations I see on a daily base [​IMG]

I don't see a lot of enviable loafer fits out there.

You still at All Saints?

14. APK

APK Senior member

Nah, AR's comment just reminded me how APC jeans being notorious for stretching got a lot of people they need to size down for virtually every cut from virtually every brand out there. That and sizing down on anything that is a slimmer cut isn't really an option for dudes who have an ass or bigger thighs. Based on the fit of the waist, I could get away with going down a size for quite a few cuts I've tried on. I wouldn't because a size down would suffocate my thighs and hug my shapely backside too much for comfort. [​IMG]

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.