1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I would have gone if I was in nyc!

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Imo this honestly makes no sense. If you're just looking for a starter suit then you should do Uniqlo; if you're looking for quality you should do MC B&S; if you're looking for something returnable you should do a store like Epaulet. J. Crew is like the amalgam of the worst possible characteristics of all three. Yeah, you're gonna get something in the right size because of returns, but whatever you end up getting you're going to overpay for anyway.

Uniqlo is cheap and slim-fitting and it's not like it's going to be poor quality comparatively (c'mon, it's J Crew). B&S is going to be by far the best quality for the price for what you're paying; if you measure your chest and add 3" and look at everyone's (very accurate) measurements you should be fine. If not, then you choose something w/ resale value (which most things there do) and you're fine. Epaulet gives free returns, a great business cut, and really good materials for the price. It's going to be more expensive than the (on sale) J Crew, but I also imagine you're not on a huge budget, seeing as your wardrobe isn't budget by any means.

And double-vented is the way to go.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i would have gone but i got drunk and ripped my pants

and then i spent the whole night playing arkham city

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

Lies. A few of us get together every few months to eat, we just stopped advertising. Even with offers of free food, randoms won't show. And even though I'm a dick, they still don't show even after they're told that shellshock will be there. And even when they don't know I'll be there (RRL parties, Self Edge parties, etc.), people still don't come.

Sauce is still around. He's in serious need of some bromancing, though.

5. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

damn all this meetup talk is making me wish i could circlejerk with fashionable forum dus instead of random guys from craigslist

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, I expect the lot of you to show up in March, 2012, then. Make it a road trip.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

how much did the suit run you?

imo uniqlo especially the +j stuff have way too skinny lapels to be business appropriate.

:hide: not that j. crew is much better

also where to cop women's balmorals? she's a size 5 in men's and most men's sites only go down to size 6

also where to cop interview shoes on the cheap. i still need a black balmoral.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

MC mythology here. 98% of people in business are paying no attention to lapels and havent bought a new suit in 8 yrs or more. If they notice your clothes at all, they will just be glad you wore a suit.

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. miran

miran Senior member

Actually friend, I'm being fattened at the Superkhorak and the neighboring Superarzon.

As per my vow to eat everything there is on Earth that can be eaten, I am determined to try everything they have there, so I find myself going there twice a day sometimes, until I exhaust the billboard menu. That's two mountains of rice a day, plus the extra taw-dig she gives me :) I've tried Soltani kebab (that's just a koobideh and a Barge). Koobideh was boring--same thing as Greek Koftakevab or Turkish Adanakebab or Sikandakebab.
    She then told me I have to try the Iranian khoreshts. How could i say no?

I had Khoresht Gheimeh...which was some sort of meat and split peas and some sort of lime-like black things in it...pretty good actually. All topped with French fries....Freedom fries...Ayatollah fries...whatever the fuck you wanna call them...swimming on a mountain of that perfect awesome rice.

Then I tried Gormeh Sabzi. I am not sure what the fuck was in it....but it looked like she had just cleaned out her fridge and dumped everything in there. I could make out kidney beans and loads of spinach and parsley and shit.

Now--for the exotics.
    Khoresht Fesenjoon. This sounded sexy--chicken stew with walnuts and pomegranates. She said this was the Food of Shahs! Pretty disgusting actually. You Iranians don't know how to cook with the pomegranate. Or she is using Poms juice mixed with grape juice. Fail.

Albaloo polo. This was rice with some sort of cherry stew mixed in. Pretty good.

Shirin polo. This was rice with nuts and oranges mixed in. SImilar to the Greek portokalirizo....

Zereshkh polo. This was a work of art. The rice was with saffron butter and some little fruit...google said it was the "zereshkh" or the barberry! yes, Behold....I have eaten a barberry! The chicken was also looked with the barberries. It was beautiful to look at, and very tasty. I have had it twice already.

Khoresht Karaf. Some sort of celery stew. Not that good.

Vaziri Kebob.....looked like roadkill. Scared to think what it was... I didn't ask her.

Since this one, I go in armed with the Iphone, ready to look up what this shit it lest I have any more disasters.

CHenjeh kebob. Boring. Same as Greek shishkevab.

Zaban Kebob.....I asked what this was, she said it was tongue. She said it was "Ek-sah-lent. Yoh mas thry it!!" So I did. NEver again.

Joujeh Kebab. This was bbq chicken, with food coloring on top. not that great. She burned it too....but I ate it gratefully nonetheless. The poor woman stands in front of brazen coals, fanning them with a half-folded newspaper....grilling kebabs on it! It's straight from the stone age, but delicious.

So remember, friend---there is a creature out there in real life stuffing itself...and judging your fit on cyberspace...

I apologize for the utterly style-unrelated post....

PS I am also simultaneously stuffing myself at the Moroccan place a few blocks away--"The Sultan's Tent".

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  11. whodini

whodini Senior member

For what? My bdays in Feb.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

You guys suck, I'm pretty sure I'll be busy in march and SF is far from everywhere I might be. NYC would be ferpect.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

fuuuuuuuuuuu don't you hate it when you're trying to save money and all of the sudden all of your grail pieces turn up at the same time? Some cruel cosmic joke

14. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

latest lncc drop is sick

15. snake

snake Senior member

This is precisely why I don't browse Y! jp. lacollectioneuse isn't helping either.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  16. stick

stick Senior member

Any tips for shipping internationally? Gotta return some stuff to Tres Bien. FedEx wants over $100 to ship it back the same way TBS shipped it out, damn.

17. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

use postal service...cheapest method with tracking. will take longer but shouldn't cost you a hunnerd bucks

18. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

What stage of the SF Hype Cycle are nested spoilers currently in?

1 person likes this.
  19. zissou

zissou Senior member

To get international tracking, you'd need to send it Express, which is pricey.

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

:slayer:
    Double vent is more on trend right now. Single vent for americans, hook single vent for srs trads, ventless for 80s italian, also weirdly old British. Wonder if ventless will come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.