• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
MC edition fit battle sounds fun
I would really like to see the MC guys competing against each other for the best casual fit. Yes, I'm looking for a good laugh. But maybe a few of them will manage to surprise us. Also, it would be interesting to have two seperate voting polls: One posted in sw&d and the other posted in MC. I would like to see the difference in opinions between the two audiences.

acl1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I would really like to see the MC guys competing against each other for the best casual fit. Yes, I'm looking for a good laugh. But maybe a few of them will manage to surprise us.

Also, it would be interesting to have two seperate voting polls: One posted in sw&d and the other posted in MC. I would like to see the difference in opinions between the two audiences.

I think they did that within the last month or so, but it might've been for casual friday. either way, business casual seems like the end of the MC spectrum.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
There will probably be a couple lol-worthy outfits, maybe a couple surprisingly good ones...you really can't go wrong, either way.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
If you saw the one that Blackbird had last year mine's the same one.

i think you're a tad small for me. too bad. looks good. can't even remember if it's the one i'm thinking of. i saw a couple puffers last year i liked. haven't found a bunch this year unfortunately

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're pretty much a costume design company at this point. That orange moto is so amazingly badass though, too bad it's 100% polyurethane in the body, don't see why they couldn't use the 80-20 wool-nylon blend in the other coat

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acl1
I think they did that within the last month or so, but it might've been for casual friday. either way, business casual seems like the end of the MC spectrum.
This gets me thinking, what if we had themed fit competitions? Examples: Best work wear fit Best dark / goth ninja Best business casual Best fit involving shorts Best cheap fit (< $100) Best baler fit (> $1000) etc. Also I continue to really like the idea of having multiple audiences vote on the fits. For example, in the recent sw&d competition I bet the MC guys would not have voted for snake (although I did).

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Levels the playing field somewhat without being too nitty gritty in defining the competition.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it's not like everyone partipates in competitions anyway. In fact maybe people who don't normally participate might participate when their theme is up.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
This gets me thinking, what if we had themed fit competitions?

Examples:

Best work wear fit
Best dark / goth ninja
Best business casual
Best fit involving shorts
Best cheap fit (< $100)
Best baler fit (> $1000)
etc.

Also I continue to really like the idea of having multiple audiences vote on the fits. For example, in the recent sw&d competition I bet the MC guys would not have voted for snake (although I did).

Concept sounds amazing

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
They're pretty much a costume design company at this point. That orange moto is so amazingly badass though, too bad it's 100% polyurethane in the body, don't see why they couldn't use the 80-20 wool-nylon blend in the other coat

I'd pick up that orange or blue one for like 70% off. Well, maybe. I had a pair of OC shoes once and they were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquesDeza