• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichomatic

Reaction score
I see TB pretty regularly on campus, class of 100 and almost guaranteed to see some TB sweats, don't think I've seen the suiting but no one wears suits on campus except business kids.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I saw someone wearing tb a couple weeks ago and laughed.

Maxwellll

Reaction score
new Loewe stuff is pretty wild, wonder what the markets like for a 6 grand rainbow leather shearling coat

H1271253_9990_1F.jpg

Panzer

Reaction score
Here in Glasgow, TB is probably one of the most common brands being worn by foreign East Asian students. Never seen a TB suit though

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for his signature stripe tab on everything, I would consider some of Thom Browne's outwear.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in Glasgow, TB is probably one of the most common brands being worn by foreign East Asian students. Never seen a TB suit though
This is pretty much universal. It's very popular amongst young, affluent, Chinese people.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
This is pretty much universal. It's very popular amongst young, affluent, Chinese people.

I'm pretty sure that the brand took notice considering their revival under Japanese backers included plenty of stripped cardigans, sweatpants and varsities, which are the pieces I've seen on young Asian teens. I have several suits and jackets and like wearing them, pants were adjusted to normal length though so it is more of a straight up 60s look on me.

Just noticed a series of ironic acquisition that went too far. I have owned a black Supreme duffle bag for more than a decade and would sometimes purchase caps or whatever for friends but not for myself. A few yrs ago I started acquiring some stuff as some sort of joke, mainly to take the piss at the seriousness of some "avant-garde" fashion fans. I just made a list of what I own:
  1. W)taps X Supreme varsity
  2. Arc logo zip hoodie
  3. Arabic logo hoodie (people think of ISIS if you wear this)
  4. Logo sweatshirt
  5. Cuban shirt (this is cool and I wear it often)
  6. Aforementioned black duffle
  7. 2 pairs of logo socks
  8. Zebra print cap
  9. Paris cap
  10. tie dye cap
  11. Green anvil cap
  12. Liberty print cap
I had other caps but lost them or whatever. I hardly wear any of that stuff or streetwear in general, hell I hardly wear caps.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only Supreme I've ever owned is their caps. They are solid and I wear them unironically for the most part.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only Supreme I've ever owned is their caps. They are solid and I wear them unironically for the most part.
I don't think that I've ever worn anything ironically.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
First time I'm seeing the Tabi Boots for men? Hmmm
11274953xn_12_b.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
those look terrible
I liked the ones they made as sneakers, I think they were made for women but looked great. they were under line 6 i think. never could find them in my size

martin margiela tabi sneakers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics