1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

.......um, Vans?

re: GATs, @Contingency Plan used to sell deadstock GATs from Germany. Not sure if he still does.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Margiela has made them :eek:

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Not really Vans-ish, but I've been kind of intrigued by Billy Reid's Dayton loafer. I think it qualifies as a suede slip-on? Kind of expensive though.

[​IMG]

Available at Billy Reid and Zappos.

1 person likes this.
  4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Last week I had a large package with multiple items delivered to someone I had never heard of.
    I was updating DHL's tracking page and saw that it had been delivered to someone whose name I had never seen before.

Almost panicked first and the customer service was of no help, but after talking to some people I went and checked with the company next door. Just by chance there was this guy in their lobby at that moment that happened to know the person the package had been delivered to. Haven't felt that relieved in a long time. Almost hugged the guy from the lobby.

1 person likes this.
  5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Those are cool. I've considered guidi suede slip ons before, but I don't think any of them would necessarily fit how I dress.

@notwithit , I'm kind of trying to avoid another pair of vans - I just seem to shred them too quickly.

1 person likes this.
  6. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Suede CastaƱers maybe?

7. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

Tried on flyknit prestos, nmd's and tubulars today. prestos felt the best material-wise, but didn't like the wide toebox. nmd's had the best silhouette but the materials looked cheap and they looked pretty meh from a top view. tubulars just felt bulky in all the wrong ways, and again materials felt and looked cheap. So I guess the RFT here is now I have unrealistic footwear expectations thanks to styleforum....?

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I haven't seen this problem with my suede CastaƱers but the canvas loses its dye instantly if wet.

9. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Speaking of sneakers has anyone here had experience with Spalwarts? The local CDG is having a sale and there are some SpalwartxCDGShirt marathon runners, i really like the sole on them but the uppers looked pretty flimsy from my try-on.

10. dieworkwear

I have a pair. The uppers are kind of flimsy, and I don't like how you can feel one of the interior seams with your toes, but I generally like the style.

They've held up pretty well for me after a season, but I'm also not terribly hard on my clothes.

11. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior member

Any recommendations for dining/shopping in downtown LA? I'll be checking out both MOCAs tomorrow and am looking for some suggestions. I'm being dropped off by a friend so won't have a car while I'm there, so places within walking distance would be preferable.

12. jet

jet Senior member

Lots of recs check LA thread.

Baco Mercat is interesting and good drinks.

13. dieworkwear

Just thought of another one. Along with the MMM suggestion above, Christian Kimber has suede slip-on (although I don't know if they're in the color you want). Kind of on the pricey side, but I've seen him do sales. Plus AUD to USD rate is pretty good.

http://christiankimber.com/collections/sneakers/products/lorne-slip-on-loafer-charcoal

14. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Thank for the advice @dieworkwear I'll probably pass then my preferred colour way is already all gone.

15. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Thanks, guys - didn't know about either.

17. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

this thing is the beast knees!

2 people like this.
  18. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Geffen MoCA is right in little Tokyo, lots of great places to eat there. Hama Sushi? Sushi Gen? Definitely ask in the LA thread.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

@LA Guy refused delivery? Also why are there so many codes in your posts?
    Around here a durum is called "dressing in sleeve", which would a baguette a dressing on sleeve.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member