Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If you are going that route and Savile Row have a look at Norton & Sons and Richard James as well.

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Don't know what your budget is like, but suits on Savile Row will be expensive. Roughly 5,000 GBP for a two piece suit, give or take 1,000.

Some places will have RTW lines (including Kilgour), which will be more affordable.

Really depends on what kind of silhouette you like and what's your budget. IMO, there's no reason to go straight to Savile Row bespoke if there's a RTW (or sometimes even MTM) that would suit you better.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

3. hennree

hennree Senior member

Day - Summer, hopefully outdoors depending on weather. Google images show you rocking the formosa tux, btw.

I love this idea and you're completely right, it is my choice, but it definitely doesn't feel like my choice :(

Yeah £5K is way too much - Ideally i'd be looking around the £1K mark to be honest. That probably wipes out a lot of Savile Row MTM.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Krish wore it even better - he posted his not too long ago.

Summer day wedding opens up a lot of fun and less stiff options. You can go retro rakish with a cream tux jacket, you can go relaxed with a linen suit, you can go "modern morning suit" with a dove grey suit and white shirt... Unless you guys are doing a rather formal evening receptions, I probably wouldn't wear a classic tux for a summer day wedding

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This.

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

£1K would rule out most bespoke, although Whitcomb & Shaftesbury has a service starting around £1.5K. The paper pattern is cut in London, but the make is done in India.

Cad & the Dandy also has a MTM service on the Row for just under £1K. And Thom Sweeney is off the row with a MTM service around £1.5K.

The difference between the MTM and bespoke services is that bespoke will come with more fittings, which theoretically will give you a higher probability of getting something that fits well (although this is highly over simplified).

It's perhaps over recommended on this board, but Suitsupply is also worth a look. And you'd get the benefits of ready-to-wear, where you can put something back on the rack if you don't like it. They're well under £1K.

I like those a lot. Although, it also sounds like he doesn't have a suit he likes at all right now in his closet. It's super boring advice, but I feel like a slim-cut, non-fusty navy suit would at least give him something he could easily wear after the wedding.

You can also wear those options above afterwards, but I feel like they're a bit more context specific.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't know if it's available in the US, but on this side of the pond they do MTM and they have a brick and mortar in London.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/content-page-tailoring-suit-up-personal-tailoring.html

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Chelsea boots gonna look weird on a dude with big hips / legs since they are slim? I've got a pretty good drop right now, 40" chest 32" waist. But I definitely have a big ass / legs.

lookin for an easy summer boot / shoe. Maybe ill just find a suede PTB.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

9. hennree

hennree Senior member

thanks guys, this discussion has been helpful so I have a few routes I can go down now.

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

not all chelseas are slim though.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I have a similar drop, ymmv.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

yea i guess some toes on chelseas are chunky.

13. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Really wish Petar Petrov & Ute Ploier were still making men's clothes. Would wear so much old Petrov

14. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

agreed :(