• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ednoob (E0dno0b?) sewed some discreet nylon panels on a jacket, and that turned out well. I'm sure a diy job could look good on the pents.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever seen the documentary HYPE!? My favorite part was this bit where Rolling Stone made a grunge band (until then poor, small town Oregonians) change out of their Wal Mart jeans and flannels into identical, $800 designer outfits for a photo shoot.

I have not, but based on the synopsis it seems like a worthy viewing.

100 yrs

Reaction score
We'll be trotting out a wider post area version of the forum design soon. There are a few more design changes I want to make before the updated version is put out. This version will also remain available. I really don't want to re-confuse people with continuous changes just as we are just settling in, is the only reason we're waiting a bit.

Incidentally, I don't know what zoom you are at but it seems pretty high - most of the top nav in your view is hidden! Might consider zooming out a bit. As designed, the forum should look, at 100%, like this:

View attachment 709341

Makes sense to save updates to roll out as much as possible at once.

As far as I know I'm not zoomed. I checked all the usual places, although it's possible I missed something. I'm on an iPad running iOS version 10.3.1 if that helps.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a pair of red wings iron rangers new at a local thrift in my size for $40.. Dunno, I know I could flip them for way more but was thinking about getting them for myself. I just associate that boot with MFA desk jockeys. The boot would last me forever, its almost ruined for me by those who wear it..

Last edited:

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
unless you ran into fuuma and he shot you a disapproving look because you didn't look like a guy ironically dressing like an ironically dressed portland woodsman then you should should be okay.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that Jian?

Not going to help you but I made my own paneled pants like that from H&M pants that I destroyed. I ended up loving them even more. It's amazing to me when I think back about how far H&M/cheap Levi's from Ross have gotten me in the fashion game.

i tried a pair of h&ms recently; the top block was just too weird. slim jeans with a droopy diaper butt. but you're right about levis. 511 is a great cut.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans on making the "go to new posts" circle bigger? It's not easy to click on sometimes. The old arrow or whatever it was was much easier.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb. Was looking at the wrong thing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any plans on making the "go to new posts" circle bigger? It's not easy to click on sometimes. The old arrow or whatever it was was much easier.
Doesn't clicking the thread title do the same thing?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't clicking the thread title do the same thing?

Huh could have sworn a few days when when I clicked the thread titles it would just take me to the first post. Well that's good to know.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a watch thread? I read the cool StyleForum newsletter and it totally reminded me I've been meaning to buy a Sinn 556i.. . They retail for $2000 here for some reason, so I want to pick up a used one for half that, is there something I need to watch out for? I can just like... buy one that looks in good shape or is there some watch thing to look for?

Here's one I had in mind: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/yamaki78/h3493ee/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads