1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Yeah, there are a lot of surprise rebrandings, if you know what a Rancourt really looks like. I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds calfskin loafers on eBay, almost new, about $40. Thought they looked great, but didn't really look like AE, the sole stitching was too wide, and instead of a solid insole it had a half insole. Then the other day, I saw the identical loafer, except it was branded Rancourt, and it just clicked. Of course, AE used to own Rancourt, before they bought themselves back. So I don't know if my pair is old AE at their factory or new Rancourt branded for AE. Either way, made a great pair of shoes just feel a bit better.

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Those peanut suede Blakes look gorgeous.

one more for peanut suede:

[​IMG]

Mocc chukka with tempest sole. Definately going to have to find a spot in our fall loadout for some peanut. thinking loafers.

1 person likes this.
  3. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

PSA: Rancourt x Steven Alan wingtip at 40%off go grab em at Steven Alan

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Anyone know how the fit is on these?

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Rancourt's rule of thumb for Blake is +.5 from their hand-sewn shoes. (AKA, TTS)

6. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^TT you are the king of finding these boat shoe deals! :)

8. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

A bunch of Rancs at Nieman Marcus (Eastland Made in Maine) got a second markdown at the Houston Galleria.

Might be some in your town. Reduced to $132-$177.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just received these a couple of weeks ago.

Rancourt Clymer - Navy CXL, Fully Lined
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just ordered the 4-Eyelet Ranger Moc - Color 8 Shell Cordovan.

The only modification I made was to order it with the full leather lining.

11. FrankCowperwood

Love the Clymers on blue. How do you like the sole? I've been eying those #8 ranger mocs for a while now. They will be a great pair. On my to buy list one of these days.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir. I think it's a good look, and very comfortable. The only thing I worry about is how badly it will look when they get dirty. But then again, I can always clean the side of the sole when necessary.

I've been looking at getting the cordovan ranger mocs for a number of months myself. I figured it was about time I pulled the trigger.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  13. FrankCowperwood

Those ranger mocs are going to look so good as they age. What's holding me back is the concern that I wouldn't wear em enough right now to get to that look.

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

You'll never know for sure unless you get them.

I get the feeling you would wear them more than you think.[​IMG]

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

They are in the future for me too. What's holding me back is my wonderful pair of brown CXL that I just can't get rid of, or pretend like I'd rotate.

16. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

That's actually why I got the Blue CXL first, I figured I would eventually get the #8 cordovan.

17. epc2

epc2 Senior member

About to pull the trigger on a suede tassel loafer from RL (Similar to Baldwin) but worried of them being only available in D width, do these run narrow,normal or will they strecht? I'm on the wide side of D closer to E width , I have some D shoes but as a guide I'm E on Barrie last and EE on AE. 5 last.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  18. FrankCowperwood

I wear 10.5E Barrie and 11D Rancourt fits very snugly by comfortably in a boat shoe. The handsewn construction does have some give. Not sure how and 11D loafer would fit me though.

19. FrankCowperwood

True :) And I could probably work in wearing them. I have to say I'm thinking about the Blake wingtips that are supposed to be coming in August. Have some thoughts about mixing shell and suede on a pair... We'll see.

20. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

Just received the Jack Spade Barron Boat Shoes in Green
    The shoes have been tried on definitely.
    I wear Alden Barrie Last in 6.5D, the boat shoes I got in 7D. At first I was worried about the sizing.
    But the initial try-on with normal sock and sockless were both ok, dunno how loose it will become after break-in.
    Could I use these shoes as a sizing reference for ranger moc and penny loafer?

BTW, one thing I notice is the half in-sole inside the shoe. Are all the shoes by Rancourt have half-insole only?
    I felt kind of weird that when I walk because I could feel there is a "line" separating the foot bed, that is the forefoot of the in-sole drop down while the heel rise up...