• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Michael Haines

Reaction score
Guys I'm sorry via iPhone I can't get it to allow me to load multi pictures.

The sole stitching seems way back A compared to online photos

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratulations on those beefrolls. I think that black mark is just part of the joy of light colored shell. Glad to hear you are OK with it. Wear, enjoy, and let us see some photos once the shell ages a bit.

Calikid

Reaction score
On last pick and it might be me just overly looking at shoe but a strange black mark

Does really bother me so not a deal breaker
That color shell is going to darken considerably and you will see a lot of black come through all over the shoe, so the mark already there will blend in nicely....

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we should just call it what it is: a flaw in the leather.

Doesn't look like a flaw to me. In fact I think if he wiped them down with some Venetian Cream with a cotton cloth it would come off.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Rancourt changed their email addresses? I tried emailing Taryn today and it bounced back. Then I tried emailing Jordan and the same thing happened (rejected by the server for the recipient domain) first initial, last name @ rancourtshoes.com Isn't that right?

rancourtshoes.com by rancourtshoes.com.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is correct but I believe Katie is who runs Customer Service now

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is correct but I believe Katie is who runs Customer Service now

I been talking to Katie to via email

[email protected]

I like the color of caramel but it is a very casual color which is perfect for there intended use.
Thanks Gents. Turns out it is because the pics I sent are too large!

Kind of annoying that as soon as someone starts to know what they are talking about, they assign someone new to customer service.

bwidjaja

Reaction score
This is my favorite picture of a shell shoe by Rancourt thus far, from their Facebook/instagram page. Looks really good. I like the clean lines of this shoe more than the beef roll. Don't know if this is considered pinch penny or not. My debate is color. Caramel or Espresso. For me, navy is too casual to spend that kind of money. Can't wear anything but a grey suit with navy shoes and even then it's a bit of a statement. I wish Rancourt had more pictures on their site of different combinations.

Does Rancourt make Sid Mashburn's made in Maine shoes? Any one know? Anyone have a pair? I think the higher vamp would be a good thing for my foot, but would really like to try a pair first.

I was wondering the same thing. Any thoughts on Navy shell for work settings? Maybe some pictures to share?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Brown CXL beef roll loafers. Very comfortable. A bit of slippage in the right foot, but the left fits perfectly. I don’t think it’s worth swapping for the smaller size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads