RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Just kopped the gray suede.

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Does anyone have an opinion on the Blake boots sizing vs. Wolverine 1K's or Red Wings Beckmans? I'm a 9 in either of those boots, but 9EEE in boat shoes/oxfords. There's usually a bit more volume in boots, I find, even if they're on the same last, but I don't know if Rancourt's Blakes run the same length, or are particularly narrow.

3. jah786

jah786 Senior member

Please post pictures of both when you get them. Really want to see the espresso pinch penny or welt line or whatever they are. also curious how the caramel looks. Is it more like Alden whiskey or more like ravello? or in the middle?

4. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Trust me I can't wait to post them. The Caramel will be here wed

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I believe the Caramel is the natural shell cordovan, right?

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I can believe that! In your make up description you didn't mention that they are lined so I assume they are unlined? Thoughts on that so far? I realize that this is their maiden voyage if not even the shakedown cruise, but interested in your thoughts. Also sizing compared to Barrie or AE 1 & 5, etc. if you don't mind. Thanks and looking great!

7. Michael Haines

rydenfan i know my took a delay with them saying the hand dyeing takes longer with the caramel

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

they will be worth the wait!

They dont dye the Caramel, right? I think that is the name for the natural shell that they use as the base for colors like espresso, navy and green shell

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Correct; they are unlined. It seemed a shame to line the cordovan since I had the choice. 1st wear they were extremely comfortable. I am having a slight issue with the laces and need to find an alternate solution. The waxed cotton lace that I chose comes in 27" and then the next size is like 47". the 27" is a bit short and length and I can JUST tie them; however, 47" is way to long. I am going to look at other round lace options as well as flat waxed options.

I wear an 8D on the Barrie and an 8D in Rancourt. They run pretty similar in size although I would say the ranger mocs are just a tough wider but will know a bit better when i can lace them a little tighter. I find these a bit roomier than my two pair of 8D Rancourt loafers as well.

10. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
  11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Tan bulldog looks really nice. I've been admiring this pair on Rancourt's site. I'd love to see this in person.

[​IMG]

These look like a very solid pair of boat shoes.

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

Someone posted it earlier, but what do you guys think of the Rancourt for Jack Spades here:
    http://www.jackspade.com/U.S.A.-Bar...or=482&start=26&cgid=surplus-sale-accessories

I want a nice casual shoe for the summer, that I'll be wearing with shorts, and was thinking of picking that up. Rancourt's boat shoes are $215 (which opens up the colour options a lot more), but I just don't think I want to spend twice as much for those, since for my next "real" shoe purchase I want a pair of Alden shell longwings, which is something I could wear year-round, and is going to cost a lot more.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  13. grendel

grendel Senior member

I asked Rancourt and it's the tan bulldog. I'm planning a pair of beefrolls and a pair of venetians, and I didn't want to get both in the brown cxl, so I'm looking for a lighter color for the venetians. I think I'm down to this and the wheat cavalier cxl. I'm trying to decide if the bulldog will be too stiff compared to the cxl.

14. JackL2

JackL2 Well-Known Member

Are there any stockists for the natural CXL Ranger Mocs anywhere close to Los Angeles?

15. Michael Haines