Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Chromepack is definitely a different color from Natty CXL, it's also twice as thick (chromepack is 10 oz or so, most shoes are made with 5 oz). That said, with wear, the difference will be negligible, since your uppers will experience different wear from the soles. I've been walking around with my Quoddy Dawson's a bit, they've held up to water and salt pretty well. That said, I gave them a coat (uppers and lowers) of neatsfoot and then LP, because I was worried about water damage. I'd say if you think you're going to wear them in wetness at all, it's a good choice.

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

This is actually just our dark brown bison. we have smoke as well - its definately brown but there is something.... "grayer" about it

think a far darker "fawn". it's sharp.

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

Do you have pictures of the different shades of CXL? Specifically the wheat, teak fargo, and plainsman brown, and how they relate to each other.

4. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Hello all - first time poster. I am 90% convinced I am buying the Rancourt beefrolls from club monaco. Anyone know if the club monaco collabs are CXL? Or are they calf? Thanks in advance everyone.

5. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

From the pic the look like Cxl... Remember to size down.... Worst case.. If you have other mocs, you can add their insole in to take up space.

6. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Thanks for the input. I'm normally 11 and I tried on the 10.5 which were tight across the vamp. Is the rationale in sizing down is that these will stretch out as you wear them?

7. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

Here is a photo of the plainsman and the wheat next to eachother, the plainsman being the loafer:

[​IMG]

My understanding is that Rancourt no longer stocks the plainsman brown which is unfortunate. The wheat is noticeably different. I do not believe we have the teak here.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

Cool, thanks! The wheat is darker than I thought.

Any idea what the "tan" color here is?

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+seneca+usa+camp+moc+chukka+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

9. jabster410

jabster410 Well-Known Member

More drops on the Barron boat shoe on Jack Spade. I just got the navy/red for $104 shipped.

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Saw that too, but I'm weary of buying since it is final sale. May try to drop by B&M to see if they have instore to try and buy.

11. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Link? I'm not seeing it on their site.

12. jabster410

jabster410 Well-Known Member

13. jah786

jah786 Senior member

This is my favorite picture of a shell shoe by Rancourt thus far, from their Facebook/instagram page. Looks really good. I like the clean lines of this shoe more than the beef roll. Don't know if this is considered pinch penny or not. My debate is color. Caramel or Espresso. For me, navy is too casual to spend that kind of money. Can't wear anything but a grey suit with navy shoes and even then it's a bit of a statement. I wish Rancourt had more pictures on their site of different combinations.

[​IMG]

Does Rancourt make Sid Mashburn's made in Maine shoes? Any one know? Anyone have a pair? I think the higher vamp would be a good thing for my foot, but would really like to try a pair first.

14. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I have that exact shoe on order in espresso and the beef roll Caramel that will be here Wed

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

1st wear of espresso rangers. I can tell these are going to get a lot of use

[​IMG]

[​IMG]