Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I can measure the Blakes for you, just not at this moment. (I'm actually wearing them right now). Not sure if you already knew this, but when I ordered my Blakes they said they could make them unlined if I wanted. I assume the same could be done with other MTO shoes.

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Oh, I was mostly being rhetorical with that. :) I know they can do unlined MTO, that's definitely how I'm ordering these boots.

And that would be very helpful for me (and probably really useful for other people in the future who need sizing advice on this). Basically the length of those, and how much (if any) of a length difference there is between your mocs and blakes.

I'm also going to call and try to get a little bit clearer cut answer to whether there is a difference in length. Over email, they've been promptly responsive, but completely unwilling to tell me about any potential difference in length. They just keep reiterating "we recommend you do X," but not actually answering the question. Now that I actually have decided that I'm really ordering these, it'll be a little bit easier to push for a better answer.

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

So far I've been wildly successful by ignoring their sizing advice. Had I taken it, would have ended up too small both times. I think they encourage you to go smaller because they figure they can always stretch them a half size.

Edit: And that stupid printable sizing chart thing they have would have had me a full size too small, so I don't recommend using it.

However, I'm an 8.5 on their size chart, if that helps add another dimension to your sizing research.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

4. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Here is a picture of the natural shell. These shoes are about 2 years old.
    Sorry for the mismatched shoes trees, I don't know what I was thinking....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

5. bwidjaja

bwidjaja Member

Would you mind sharing how much it ended up costing you? This is something I am interested in ordering. Thank you.

6. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Guys so far both the loafers I had ordered have been unlined but on my third I was thinking lined just to see the diffrence what is your thoughts. This will be shell

7. viciouslips

viciouslips New Member

Not sure if this is helpful re: sizing but I'm looking to order a pair of the 5 eyelet mid-boots for women, and I emailed Pierrepont Hicks about it -- Kat responded that the difference in the 1/2 sizes is no more than 3/8" and that if wearing thick socks to order one size up. My Brannock measurement without socks is 5.5 and with socks (medium running socks) is closer to 6. Rancourt's CS responded that the boots are initially tight and will expand. I'm going with the larger size, considering that who wears boots without socks... better slightly larger with laces than squished toes. I wish they gave insole length measurements, that would solve a lot of sizing questions.

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

[​IMG]

Wearing some green Jack Spade via Rancourt today for day after St Patrick's Day.

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Did they start out that color, or darken over time?

10. Michael Haines

I would assume it had to darken. If that is natural I wonder how the get there caramel or the old saddle color

11. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Those are *exactly* what I am looking for. Oh man, look at those beauties, and even in the picture I can see the depth of color that is shining through. I don't know why natural darkens so much more than lightly dyed leathers, but it's always stunning. I'll remember to take before pictures. :)

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

this particular makeup was $590

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Looks kinda like Color #4

Edit: Or perhaps Mahogany

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

14. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

They darkened over time. In fact the pull up (if that is the right term) a lot of black underneath, especially around areas with friction such as rubbing on floor carpet in car when driving or hitting the shell with a lot of brushing.

I will post pics today comparing the color to Whiskey and Ravello....
    Here is what they originally looked like....

http://leffot.com/shop/leffot-ivy-loafer/

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

15. Michael Haines

Based off the link they looked just like the caramel color