• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today

Cross post apologies

SvelteDave

Reaction score
Dear Crockett & Jones aficionados and experts,

I find myself in quite a problem regarding a pair of Snowdon boots that have just arrived. Instead of taking up lots of space here I have described my plight in a separate thread as it is quite lengthy with lots of pictures, however if You could have a look and let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it.

Please have a look HERE

Thank you ever so much,
David

katch

Reaction score

I find myself in quite a problem regarding a pair of Snowdon boots that have just arrived. Instead of taking up lots of space here I have described my plight in a separate thread as it is quite lengthy with lots of pictures, however if You could have a look and let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it.

Please have a look HERE

Thank you ever so much,
David

Exchange for a new pair

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And would you say that they should cover the exchange costs? I mean if I have to pay for UPS to send these back and then for the new pair that will be over 100 pounds easy.
Insist it's their fault and ask for a postage reimbursement. They should cover it at least in one way. Even though it's not your fault at all.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus re C&J handgrade vs Enzo Bonafe in terms of quality (construction, leathers used, finishing)?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please have a look HERE

Thank you ever so much,
David

The dents wouldn't bother me but the welt looks terrible. Going by the pictures, I'm surprised they were allowed out of the factory. If it makes you feel better, I recently received my MTO boots and the height was 10mm higher than the same boots I have in a different colour. The left foot also feels bigger than my existing pair. The only thing I was offered was an insole to put in them. The boots cost over £650. Very disappointing. Absolutely gutted. Won't be buying any more MTO in future. To be honest, there have been a few instances lately of people having problems. I'm wondering whether they're having QC issues.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SvelteDave, I really don't think the "bumps" you noticed on the toe are an issue. You must really inspect your shoes to even notice that! In regards to the welt, aren't Snowdon's veldt construction? I mean I've seen cleaner work done (i.e., EG's Galway) but I think that construction should be kept in mind that it's not going to have a clean delineation from the welt. Granted, your boot wasn't made as tight in certain areas so I do believe you have a valid position. The welt finishing is superficial and I think it's a minor point... IMO.

Overall, sorry about your situation as it's a tough position trying to do returns overseas. In regards to who's responsible for shipping, we might think C&J should cover it but that's really up to them. If you're able to show them you're pictures it should help your cause.

I'm personally not too picky when it comes to these details but you did spend your money and you're entitled to your expectations. I hope you find an acceptable resolution. Good luck!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would keep^. They will get beat to hell after 10 years and you'll never even notice these minor flaws. Nice boot btw..

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SvelteDave

First step: Email C&J and see how they respond. Experience has been that they have good customer service

The bumps on the toe cap I would say are not big issues

The welt is weird and I could see them taking that back.

Let us know how they reacted.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur