• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jssdc

Reaction score
That's annoying. They went up something like 6% last year as well. Trouble is, at this rate C&J BG is getting awfully close price-wise to AS exclusive, which are better shoes. They'll have to up their game to avoid people jumping ship. It's a bit further away for the HG line, but if prices end up north of GBP500 then it's tough not to justify EG or G&G.

MiamiLex

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the help everyone, really appreciate the input. I think I will try to order from C&J on Jermyn Street (sounds like sooner rather than later). As for sizing I attempted to contact the NY store but have yet to receive a reply, any advice as to which Jermyn Street store I contact for help with Skye 2 sizing and ordering?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived in Paris today and one of my first stops was the C&J store on Raspail. Picked up a pair of Islays and sized down a whole size from my Alden Barrie US8D to UK 7E. Here is crappy hotel room iPad pic of the new boots

Also took the following pics of the store

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought my first pair of C&J today, the Westbourne in black. I believe my next purchase will be the Monkton for summer.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lagsun - awesome pics thanks! looks like they have much more variety in terms of leather colors! I'd love to get there at some point to check it out...certainly different from the typical C&J store with shelves of brown and black and a few chestnut/burgundy.

@Cuttingboard - I highly recommend the Monkton. Great shoe...especially in chestnut
inlove.gif

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arrived in Paris today and one of my first stops was the C&J store on Raspail. Picked up a pair of Islays and sized down a whole size from my Alden Barrie US8D to UK 7E. Here is crappy hotel room iPad pic of the new boots

Zut Alors!

Did they have any special Parisienne makeups?

jssdc

Reaction score

Like PCK1 said, that really is a very different aesthetic than the London shops (or the NY location which looks he same). Such totally English shoes almost look out of place.

Did you check out the bespoke shop onsite?

eddiemczee

Reaction score

Congrats on your new Islays and glad you made it out to the store!

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice exposure ... but where is it?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@lagsun
- awesome pics thanks! looks like they have much more variety in terms of leather colors! I'd love to get there at some point to check it out...certainly different from the typical C&J store with shelves of brown and black and a few chestnut/burgundy.

Thanks.

Zut Alors!

Did they have any special Parisienne makeups?

Not sure. I was a little delirious from my 11+ hour flight and was so focused on the Islays I didn't pay much attention to the other shoes.

Like PCK1 said, that really is a very different aesthetic than the London shops (or the NY location which looks he same). Such totally English shoes almost look out of place.

Did you check out the bespoke shop onsite?

This was a small shop and I didn't see anything else. They had winding stairs down to all the shoes. Was it there?

Congrats on your new Islays and glad you made it out to the store!

Thanks for the sizing advice. Another pair of Islay in the Bay Area soon.

Very nice exposure ... but where is it?

33 Boulevard Raspail, Paris

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I want, the Monkton in chestnut for summer.
biggrin.gif

Its hard to find in Chestnut...I'd recommend getting started now if you want it for summer.

I got mine in NY because they just by chance had 1 pair...they normally do not stock it in chestnut.

It's a sharp shoe...and one of my favorite if not my favorite of C&J.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its hard to find in Chestnut...I'd recommend getting started now if you want it for summer.

I got mine in NY because they just by chance had 1 pair...they normally do not stock it in chestnut.

It's a sharp shoe...and one of my favorite if not my favorite of C&J.

Yes very sharp. I saw it last night at the shoe store when I bought the Westbourne. They did not have the Westbourne in black in stock so they ordered it. I called this morning and the gentleman is holding the Monkton in chestnut till I pick up the Westbourne.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads