1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Holy crap! Those look amazing. Particularly the brown shell Harlechs! The color is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure part of it is the lighting but I sure wish mine had the same coloring as yours. Congrats!

Can't offer any input on the 335, sorry. No experience with that last (yet).

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Love those brown shell harlechs

3. bustert

bustert Senior member

Thanks!

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Those Brecon chukkas look fantastic, I'll be picking up a pair while I'm in NYC later this month. Long time coming for me...

5. bustert

bustert Senior member

I know you're going to love them! They're a great Fall/Winter boot!

6. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Yeah I want a pair of Harlech's....the Brecon has never really interested me....I think just not a huge fan of the rounded toe chukka....but I may warm to it in the future...

7. JubeiSpiegel

I need a chukka that I can kick around, and the Brecon has been at the top of my list for a while.

I have been kicking around other options, cheaper options, but these pics has me sold...

8. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I think the Brecon just doesn't get that much love because everyone that walks into a C&J showroom gets the Tetbury shoved in their face as the best selling boot....and then they shove it more in your face that it was worn by Daniel Craig in the Bond flicks....and then they shove it more in your face when they tell you that he ordered 80 pairs of them for the filming of Skyfall..

and you are just like "wejrkdajflkds BOND [​IMG] fjdakl;jfadkls TETBURY [​IMG] fjdakfjdsakl BADASS [​IMG] ????? and then you kop....

and then there are like 6 variations of it...so you just keep buying more of them...

9. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

It was pouring rain here today...I almost opted to don my Snowdon's...

But I got a little more dressy and wore my Lowndes in english grain with dainite soles...I have no pic of them tonight unfortunately as I am on an adventure in the northwestern Connecticut countryside...

But I have to be honest...I have a few pairs of C&J shoes in grain leather....and I readily opt for them in the rain....they are an excellent choice and they hold up very well...

10. JubeiSpiegel

I would have jumped on the C&J boat sooner if they had more G width options, which is why the infamous Tetbury will always be out of my reach. I will have to settle for an EG Silverstone on the 888... :)

11. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior member

Fellow SFers, I need your guys help in choosing my first pair of C&J's. I'm still in college, so my style is casual (t-shirt and jeans) to business casual (casual dress shirts and chinos/non jeans). Since, i'm not wearing suits yet, I'm looking for something that is versatile with my style. In particular, I'm looking for Derby's in any colour but black. I'm 5'7, so I'm looking for something that isn't too elongated that will make me look clownish. (NOTE: Last 341 seems less elongated than the 348)

I was lusting over a pair of hand grade Brunswick 2, but its out of my budget (quoted ~$950). I can certainly see the amazing detail and quality put into these shoes. It blows my Paul Smith wingtip brogues out of the water. Anyways, my budget is more inclined towards the Main line (~$600), so far I've narrowed my list down to:

Norwich - dark brown
    Last 348
    Dainite Soles

[​IMG]

Draycott 2 - chestnut
    Last 341
    Leather Soles
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

if you're in college, go buy the Westbourne in brown. best shoe

13. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Guy wrote he doesn't need the elongated last. Wesbourne is on 348. That's elongated is it gets. A mile long toe.

I would go with the Draycott, but the Chestnut Calf that is only available as a brown is to light and brings too much attention to the feet for my taste.

Wish CJ is making them in Dark Brown Calf. I had a same dilemma recently. Love some of their derby shoes but the current standard colors are all wrong. MTO is not worth it.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Props to you for being in college and understanding quality footwear. All my available funds went to less lasting purchases...

15. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

That's about my story too.

@xdawes23

348 last is good. Westbourne is a good shout, plenty of others too. Go with your heart as it appears, after all, that you got a good head on your shoulders!

16. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

#shoeshinesunday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. ruscal

ruscal Active Member

Snowdon

now officially ready for winter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Xdawes23 -why not a monk or chukka over a derby? The lowndes on grain/dainite/341 or the tetbury brown wax/dainite/348 might do the trick bridging the casual and business you're looking for.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Senior member

Have you noticed that the Draycott is only available in a G width? In my experience the shoe is quite wide and I never understood why they don't offer it in E.

20. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

The westbourne is beautiful and not really that elongated. its just fucken nice, and you'll carry it over to your working life. all the "Cross-over" purchases back in uni, i don't wear them anymore.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.