• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha it was a long shot...i'd thought i'd give it a try ;)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish that C&J would do some trunk show type stuff to show off some cool MTO's...or even to show off some of Dmitri Gomez's bespoke work....he is after all one of the best shoemakers in the world and works under the C&J name.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Just received my Conistons.. I LOVE THEM!!!

I ended up sizing down so 10D US became 9E UK and they're a perfect fit. Possibly even roomy but definitely no heel slip. The most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn out of the box as well.

MiamiLex

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a little new to C&J but have quickly fallen in love with the style. My Shell AE Daltons recently ran into some trouble as a dire result of my own neglect (150 lb Mastiff mouth)... After a couple weeks of mourning I have decided to step up my game and go with a pair of Skye 2's.

I have a couple questions, can anyone help me out with the fit? I wear an 11e/ee in the Daltons - I've read that C&J run narrow but I rarely get to NY, maybe twice a year on business but it's no guarantee.

Secondly, for us unfortunate souls bound stateside where's the recommended place to purchase? I've read some who say plal, sky valet, pediwear, etc are good places to look (though they don't seem to have the Skye boots anywhere online).

If shopping directly with C&J I have heard it is cheaper to talk directly to the stores in England vs NY?

Sorry in advance for the long ramble and thanks for any help.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a little new to C&J but have quickly fallen in love with the style. My Shell AE Daltons recently ran into some trouble as a dire result of my own neglect (150 lb Mastiff mouth)... After a couple weeks of mourning I have decided to step up my game and go with a pair of Skye 2's.

I have a couple questions, can anyone help me out with the fit? I wear an 11e/ee in the Daltons - I've read that C&J run narrow but I rarely get to NY, maybe twice a year on business but it's no guarantee.

Secondly, for us unfortunate souls bound stateside where's the recommended place to purchase? I've read some who say plal, sky valet, pediwear, etc are good places to look (though they don't seem to have the Skye boots anywhere online).

If shopping directly with C&J I have heard it is cheaper to talk directly to the stores in England vs NY?

Sorry in advance for the long ramble and thanks for any help.

Can't speak as to whether its cheaper in England vs. NYC...but if you don't live in NY you can ship them out of state and avoid paying any sales tax.

Don't own any AE's so can't compare but I have both the SKYE and SKYE 2 and love them both. You won't go wrong with this boot.

I'm sure someone here knows the size comparison to AE...but you could just call C&J NYC and ask them what they think too.

....thinking about it....i might even wear mine tomorrow

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Conistons.. I LOVE THEM!!!

I ended up sizing down so 10D US became 9E UK and they're a perfect fit. Possibly even roomy but definitely no heel slip. The most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn out of the box as well.

I love boots....very nice colors...compliments.

OREO

Reaction score

Just picked these up from the flagship store in London. CJ Pembroke. I'v had my eyes on these for a while and i was surprised by how different the color was in person compared to photos, needless to say i'm very happy with them and I love their 'real' color!

Corsair475

Reaction score
Hey I wanted to get an opinion on Tetbury in brown wax calf. Would a boot with as much taper as the 348 be a little too much for denim jeans? Really interested in picking up a pair

TimH

Reaction score

Just picked these up from the flagship store in London. CJ Pembroke. I'v had my eyes on these for a while and i was surprised by how different the color was in person compared to photos, needless to say i'm very happy with them and I love their 'real' color!
Wonderful and if this is their true colour I'd be thrilled - very close to our Newmarket Tan bridle leather? I've a pair of New & Lingwood in this colour which are my favourites.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I wanted to get an opinion on Tetbury in brown wax calf. Would a boot with as much taper as the 348 be a little too much for denim jeans? Really interested in picking up a pair

I wear my Tetbury's with jeans all the time.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I can see how one might if they were suede, are your boots in suede or the wax calf leather? That is my primary concern here.

I currently own them in black, brown, and chestnut suede.

I have previously owned them in both brown and black calf leather.

I have an MTO arriving in March in Navy grain leather.

I have/do/will continue to wear them all with jeans. They are very sharp with jeans and people will definitely comment on them.

Edit: the ones I had previously were wax calf.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads