• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Purple Label Silver Belt Buckle $56

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I apologize for bringing it up.

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
He said he doesn't think highly of him.

That's good enough for a public forum.

But I'll let him speak for himself.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
^ I apologize for bringing it up.

Don't be silly...no apology is necessary.

$56 for a sterling slide buckle is an excellent deal, engine turned or not.

If you do get the center initialed, the one thing I would say is not to bother with hand engraving on a machine engraved buckle...just get the plain old machine engraving.

Engine turned buckles that are not engraved with initials look weird to me, though...like a "Hello, My Name Is" tag without a name on it. If you're not the type to get things initialed, I would skip an engine turned buckle even if the price is fetching. Get a plain one.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
$56 for a sterling slide buckle is an excellent deal, engine turned or not.

If you do get the center initialed, the one thing I would say is not to bother with hand engraving on a machine engraved buckle...just get the plain old machine engraving.

Engine turned buckles that are not engraved with initials look weird to me, though...like a "Hello, My Name Is" tag without a name on it. If you're not the type to get things initialed, I would skip an engine turned buckle even if the price is fetching. Get a plain one.

- B

Vox has spoken; I predict the item will shortly be sold out. I hadn't thought of hand engraving; again, the handwork that is so often appreciated on the forum is all but lost on me. Give me machine made precision! Can I get Vox engraved on mine?

Pundit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Any other sources for hole-less calf straps? I may do the reverse of the hand-me-down and give this to my dad for dad's day.

I have a Tiffany buckle like this, lizard strap came from them as well. Pretty sure they had calf as well -- this was a dozen years ago....

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Can I get Vox engraved on mine?

Having silly shizzit engraved is classic old school boy. I had a friend who had F.U. engraved, and naturally, we thought this was very clever.

007 would also be hilarious because it is just so friggin stupid.

Stupid is good when it comes to this stuff.

I think I told the story about these Gucci velvet Prince Alberts that they had at the Gucci store in San Francisco a few years ago that I kill myself to this day not getting. They were perfectly proper, but one shoe had the initials SUC embroidered, while the other had KME. Stubbs has been carrying an Albert that I think stole form this idea, it has an embroided screw on one foot, and a big red letter U on the other.

You get the idea.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pundit
I have a Tiffany buckle like this, lizard strap came from them as well. Pretty sure they had calf as well -- this was a dozen years ago....

Yes, any Tiffany should be able to get various straps for you.

- B

dropbeats

Reaction score
this is pretty nice is it solid silver and not some plating?
and what if i dont like my initials do i have to ingrave it still or would it look ok blank?
my initals are JEW no joke

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
dropbeats;2067656 said:
this is pretty nice is it solid silver and not some plating?
and what if i dont like my initials do i have to ingrave it still or would it look ok blank?

A lot of people (most, even) wear engine turned buckles with the center rose blank...I was just stating a personal preference above.

Originally Posted by dropbeats
my initals are JEW no joke

It could be funny if you had WASP engraved...but you have to have the stomach for that kind of joking.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads