• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Purple Label Silver Belt Buckle $56

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. At that price, might (finally) get one of those.

flatsixcrazy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Nice. At that price, might (finally) get one of those.

BB has one exactly like that.... $228 retail
laugh.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting it, but is it too much flair? I'm concerned that it will look tacky. Anyone have a pic of someone wearing a buckle like this?

Also, it's listed as a slide belt buckle. How does it stay in place?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these are best when acquired as a hand-me-down, say with your father's initials engraved. A bit of tarnish/patina doesn't hurt either. There's usually a single short prong/stud that sticks out on the underside used for fastening the belt. You `slide` the belt to the proper length, then push the buckle into the appropriate hole in your belt.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty classic design at a previously unseen price...very hard to get an engine-turned silver buckle below $100 on sale.

Note that (at 1') the buckle is smaller than normal belt widths and I do not think it has a prong (for belt holes) as it is a "slide" model. Belt straps (e.g. Brooks, etc.) for these do not have punched holes.

Old school style all the way. Agree on the inheritance comment, but some regular wear will quickly add some scuffs and tarnish.

For the cost of a good tie (on sale!), I couldn't help but pull the trigger...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
Note that (at 1') the buckle is smaller than normal belt widths and I do not think it has a prong (for belt holes) as it is a "slide" model. Belt straps (e.g. Brooks, etc.) for these do not have punched holes.

Good to know, as I think most of my belts are 1 1/4''. Also, I thought similar engine turned plaque buckles had a prong on the underside. Is the slide mechanism you describe similar to that on those military web belt buckles?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sterling slide buckles are classic. There's no prong, and the belts have no holes. The buckle closes on the strap using a lever.

Here I am wearing an RLPL alligator strap with a Tiffany sterling slide buckle, hand engraved with my initials, that I've had for about twenty nine years (an off-to-college gift)

525644223_7EtSk-X2.jpg

If you are squeamish about the proper one inch width, Ben Silver sells a version in a more roughneck one and a quarter.

But that is for wimps.

I don't like the ones that are engine turned...I much prefer the plain ones, or plain with initials.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Here I am wearing an RLPL alligator strap with a Tiffany sterling slide buckle, hand engraved with my initials, that I've had for about twenty nine years (an off-to-college gift)- B

Which reminds me, did you ever get those blazer buttons with your son's initials so you could give them to him later on? If not, the kid might prefer his old man's belt buckle...As for the blazer buttons, why not get your father's initials and wear them before passing them on to your kid?

If you are squeamish about the proper one inch width, Ben Silver sells a version in a more roughneck one and a quarter.

But that is for wimps.

I am squeamish about paying Ben Silver prices for I do not earn Vox money.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Which reminds me, did you ever get those blazer buttons with your son's initials so you could give them to him later on? If not, the kid might prefer his old man's belt buckle...As for the blazer buttons, why not get your father's initials and wear them before passing them on to your kid?

The sterling blazer buttons aren't ready yet. As for my father's initials, (1) his were the same as mine...six out of seven of us in generational sequence have had the same name and (2) I had all of his personal possessions destroyed, including his military decorations. And I'm not even Sicilian...imagine if I were. I don't think highly of him, despite being dead.

I am squeamish about paying Ben Silver prices for I do not earn Vox money.

That's not squeamishness...that is wisdom.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Thanks for the photo vox! I really like how the belt has no holes.

It's infinitely adjustable because of that, a very civilized feature. And you keep the buckle, and just change the straps as time goes by.

- B

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sterling blazer buttons aren't ready yet. As for my father's initials, (1) his were the same as mine...six out of seven of us in generational sequence have had the same name and (2) I had all of his personal possessions destroyed, including his military decorations. And I'm not even Sicilian...imagine if I were. I don't think highly of him.

- B

May I ask why you had your father's possessions destroyed?That seems like an odd move.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads