• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. How did you select measurements: measure existing trousers? use their algo? guess?
Anyway result looks good.

Thank you, I have a good understanding of my trouser measurements having comissioned various pairs of MTO trousers over the last couple of years, I worked from those same measurements as a base adjusting where necessary depending how Propercloth take their measurements.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Thank you. Here are some pictures if you have some time to opine on changes. The collar is the President Spread. PC already suggested lengthening the yoke (~.5”), using the “neck back .5”” adjustment (though I see on their website they suggest going with 1” on this adjustment if the bump is noticeable, so I may use the 1” adjustment), and shoulder slope adjusted to “normal” from “sloping.” The second button is already raised .5” but I think it needs to be raised another .5” to remedy the bump when fully buttoned. There is too much fabric in the midsection, but the make was off on this shirt (I specified 18.5” but it measures 19.25”).

First off, this definitely isn't bad and is likely fixable. I actually think the suggested edits should definitely clean it up. From perfecting my own size profile, I've often found that a few subtle adjustments in 2-3 areas usually works out better than one bigger adjustment in one spot, but adjusting the yoke, neck, and button height should help remedy this.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my first heavy oxford (and my first order, period) from Proper Cloth. Wonderful stuff all around. Insanely fast turnaround time; my order was placed on 12/29. Quality fabric, constructions, etc.

I love the shade of yellow on the "faded yellow" heavy oxford. I've been looking for something like this for years. I will certainly be a repeat customer.

Attachments

• PXL_20220110_205727794.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220110_205727794.PORTRAIT.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 254

Frankie Fuzz

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the American Pima OCBD shirts to the Thomas Mason OCBD shirts? Currently I have some heavy oxfords but I wanted to try one of the others.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my first heavy oxford (and my first order, period) from Proper Cloth. Wonderful stuff all around. Insanely fast turnaround time; my order was placed on 12/29. Quality fabric, constructions, etc.

I love the shade of yellow on the "faded yellow" heavy oxford. I've been looking for something like this for years. I will certainly be a repeat customer.
Looks good. What collar did you go with?

Jlord

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the Albiate Washed Dark Indigo Heavy Denim? Or speak to how it wears/washes?

Thank you

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shirt in. I haven’t washed it yet so it may look different afterwards. I went with the $85 white heavy oxford and a soft Roma button down collar. Here’s a few pictures of the collar with and without a tie.

653E413C-DFE1-4AEA-8C84-770352725D4D.jpeg

29904E64-9E3B-4D0C-94B7-04E1650D7967.jpeg

87E400A8-00A9-4153-9EAB-92BCA6337023.jpeg

747B6EB0-421F-432A-AFA0-C14619E54D68.jpeg

FD30804C-4703-4AAD-A929-25893460CC95.jpeg

011DF69B-743A-4894-A6BA-CC2081727E31.jpeg

Last edited:

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Hi friends. I just picked up this Raglan coat from Proper Cloth. It's my usual size 44R and fits great other than the sleeves, which I find a bit short. I have longer arms so this is often an issue. They don't make the coat in L (such as 44L) sizes, so I'm stuck with either extending the sleeves or going up a size. The next size up, 46R, only has sleeves that are .25" longer, which isn't that much either. My worry about extending the sleeves is that they still won't be long enough, and the strap/buttons will be comically high. What do you all think? Thanks.
8cS8LsF.jpg

JB5pmWc.jpg

W7b12Gk.jpg

Axzr6ak.jpg

uxgzhf2.jpg

JREYq47.jpg

cuusa7H.jpg

RXv07Xb.jpg

Can anyone else comment on the fit of this Crosby raglan coat? Possibly interested in buying, but not sure whether to go 40R or 42R.

Also, I've never bought from Proper Cloth before ... do items like this ever go on sale at the end of the season?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads