• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

paulraphael

Reaction score
Seph......went to buy some shirts just now...

still at .25" increments?.........siiiiiiiiigh.......

wassup w/ .1".....???
If they ever do .1", you're going to be in for a disappointment. You'll have higher expectations for consistency that won't materialize.

Possibly with pre-washed fabrics there would be an advantage to 0.125". Possibly. But with unwashed fabrics? No one has a good enough shrinkage crystal ball.

And 0.1"? Make friends with someone who knows how to sew and ask them about that.

cyclemanic

Reaction score
@Seph

For custom jackets, is the buttoning point raised/lowered in accordance with length changes? Or do they remain static as per whichever size to which we make adjustments?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you hoping to be able to do? I just went to their site with a private browser window and poked around. There's was no need to create an account until I asked them to take steps that would be useful only for getting a custom shirt . Which, of course, you would need an account for. As you said yourself, the site isn't offering measurements or generic sizes.

I do UX writing and UX design and information architecture professionally. I'm highly allergic to site designs that feel manipulative or misleading. But I really can't find a problem of this nature on PC's site. What exactly did you think they were suggesting and not delivering on?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seph......went to buy some shirts just now...

still at .25" increments?.........siiiiiiiiigh.......

wassup w/ .1".....???
look at a ruler man... if the extra .15" is really bothering you, you probably have other issues this shirt isn't going to fix.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok ok ok ok ok......

.25" just seems to big to me......

SmellBlind

Reaction score
Just got my face masks this weekend, they are the best fitting/looking/feeling ones I've tried. I might pick up some cotton/linen blend ones as the 100% cotton ones I've got retain a bit too much moisture on hot days.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
@Seph I know you'd mentioned (I think it was in a PTO interview) that you wanted to have the flat hem option ready for spring polos. I know that was before everything went to shit, but I was hoping that would still be in the latest software update. Doesn't look like it made it; is that still in the plans?

Now more than ever I feel like long sleeve polos would be a nice addition, but the flat hem is, in my view, pretty necessary for the execution.

Alternatively, did you guys ever shoot any photos of the knit pique fabrics with polo collars but without the shirts tucked in? I'd be curious to see how they look in polo form with the existing dress shirt-style hem.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.